What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yeh!

I've finished all my morning jobs at double speed and am now on my bed drinking a glass of homebrew !!

@SteveBC I was going to say "Double time" which in the Army  means  going from marching to running...........but then I remembered that in my life as a contractor, "Double Time" meant half speed .......

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:09 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm lacking a bit of energy this morning so put this on to get me going .....

Saw them in Bournemouth in 1974 then in Kidlington & Southampton just a few years ago.Jan Akkerman no longer with them but the lead guitarist is just as good.Thijs van Leer fatter,balder & still superb.They're still touring.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

In the Winter Gardens???

No it was called The Bournemouth Hardrock.

& I just did some Googling & it seems I saw them on Jan 25 1973.

They were a very busy band back then!

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:28 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

This is what Sunday afternoons are for !!!

Just as as a well intended fyi "Oye Como Va" translates to English as "Hear how you go".

I have always really liked Santana's "Borbolleta" album. Borbolleta literally means "Bubble" in Spanish, but is also used to refer to a butterfly coming out of it's cocoon or the emergence of Spring flowers. Santana chose this name at the time that he was becoming fully recovered from a heroin addiction. The reference is obvious I think.

This album (Borbolleta) registered with me as I was also coming out of a cocoon at that time. Not the same one as Santana, but a cocoon all the same.

The lead in cut to the album is very short at a little over a minute and intriguing and beautiful IMO. ->"Spring Manifestations".

A much more well known Santana song from this same album is "Give and Take".

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1