Share Tips...

RR007

^^

Well lets wait and see where we are after 12 months.  When I started this thread overall I said no pump and dump tactics and there wont be but if you are keen to invest in oil short term watch the share Angus Energy that I tipped earlier last week. I may well have got the perfect entry point on that one

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2019 at 7:42 AM, RR007 said:

^^

Well lets wait and see where we are after 12 months.  When I started this thread overall I said no pump and dump tactics and there wont be but if you are keen to invest in oil short term watch the share Angus Energy that I tipped earlier last week. I may well have got the perfect entry point on that one

Is the recent drop solely down to the Rights Issue ? 

I just came across this thread and I am interested to see what observations/advice people are offering, so thanks for posting.

I'm no expert, but I've been trading stocks for ~25 years.  My wisdom is limited but simple (based on my own experiences).  I got burned during the .com crash but I recognized that the downturn was also a good time to invest in blue chips because it was a no-brainer that they would recover most of their losses eventually (which they did).  Unfortunately I didn't have any money to invest at the time because I had lost so much in the .com burn.

In 2007/8 I was hearing a lot about how the US housing market was in trouble and that it should impact the overall investment market.  I had money to invest at that time but was uncertain where to put it so I just had it sitting in a 7% term deposit until I could figure out what to do with it.  I was as surprised as anybody when the market quickly melted down in 2008, but I didn't get burned because I wasn't in it at the time.  I was no investment genius... it was simply because I wasn't in play at the time.

Luckily I could take what I had observed from the .com crash and apply it.  I looked for some blue chip opportunities and invested in companies I was familiar with based on my expectation that they would recover from the crash rather than failing.  Emerson Electric, and Johnston Controls were my primary investments and I made 20-30% return in just a few months in 2009.  Unfortunately those "wins" made me a bit overconfident in my ability to find winners so I also started playing in alternative energy stocks (mostly solar).  I won't mention any specific names because I don't want to steer anybody into risky stocks.  That market turned out to be a lot more volatile than I was expecting so I made a lot of big losses in addition to a lot of big wins.  I did come out ahead overall, but some of my lessons were a bit embarrassing in hindsight.  I did get a bit lucky in that one of my solar stocks paid back massively over a few months in 2013 which made up for most of my losses and put me in a good position for the next opportunity.

The energy market took a downturn in 2015 so I recognized that as another opportunity to invest in blue chips.  In this case my strategy was on dividends in addition to share price increase so after comparing BP/ExxonMobil/Shell I settled on RDS.A stocks to play for the long term.  I've made good returns on the share price increase, and continue to get the quarterly dividends.  I'm getting closer to retirement now so my risk appetite and willingness to play in volatile stocks is much lower.  I'm mostly riding on the profits I've made and the dividends I am continuing to collect.

So my limited success isn't really due to a brilliant strategy or extensive experience.  It mostly comes down to recognizing the obvious fact that blue chip stocks recover from market downturns so they make a good opportunity if you didn't get burned by the market downturn.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Is the recent drop solely down to the Rights Issue ? 

Certainly that hasnt helped matters. There isnt enough space on the forum to write why this is a massive hold from my previous buy signal despite being down sharply. Because I have my "maximum" in the stock I wont average down on Angus but as per original timelines this was a 1 year hold. They are fannying around over some lucrative gas aquisistion whereas I'd prefer they stick to the two major assets they have at Brockham and Balcombe

Angus have isolated the water issue successfully from the new year at Brockham and are waiting for the arrival of their flow testing equipment. Results expected by end of June early July...Its a steal at current levels in my opinion. To put into perspective the stock was 10-12p at Christmas PRE the water issue when we were nowhere near the current anticipation.

This flows at Brockham (oil came to the surface upon drilling with no artificial lift) and bearing in mind Horse Hill (Gatwick Gusher) is flowing on restricted choke a few miles away than depending on numbers this will multibag at least 3 times back to Christmas levels and likely much higher.

I have a lot of friends in this one lol.

As with the other 2 stocks these are 12 month minimum holds albeit nothing wrong with top slicing on the way up

Edited by RR007

On 4/7/2019 at 7:50 PM, eyes4thais said:

Yes oil has many uses, but I think transportation would be a volume use and a quick search found this.

In 2017, of the approximately 7.3 billion barrels of total U.S. petroleum consumption,47% was motor gasoline (includes ethanol), 20% was distillate fuel (heating oil and diesel fuel), and 8% was jet fuel.

I am away for the next 4 days, and when i come back I will track them to see if they continue to slide.  I think if they break the 1p barrier, they will slip all the way down to 0.5p a share and this is the time to buy.  On the other hand, if they rise steadily and hit the 1.30p I think then they will continue all the way to 2.0 -2.5p a share.  So at 1.30p, I am in!

How is that for some real good BS, from someone who does not have a clue what he is talking about.

Well they have just broken the 1p barrier, so let see how far they go down and when do i jump in. How far and how quick will they sink from here? 

6 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

Well they have just broken the 1p barrier, so let see how far they go down and when do i jump in. How far and how quick will they sink from here? 

Both UKOG (and Angus for that matter) are giving me headaches at the moment. Both are suffering logistics issues and both require rigs which they havent got to move things forward. Sanderson claims at UKOG that they'll be the 2nd biggest onshore oil producer in 2019 is looking dubious despite proven resources at Horse Hill and tankers leaving daily full of crude currently

UKOG are awaiting rig arrival in June to drill the funded and approved sidetracks and already have permission for up to 16 tankers a day departing....if that doesnt move the SP god alone knows what will

Angus are in slightly different position awaiting rig arrival to complete flow test again within June (its overdue now by a week)

I'll revisit the thread 1st July see where we are. Bear in mind originally this was a 1 year hold minimum

Edited by RR007
  • Great Info 1

• 3 months later...

I've not forgotten this thread. Will revisit it in February when the 12 months is up. I'm happy with behind the scenes progress of 2 of the 3 stocks but less so clearly on Angus Energy

Review at 12 months.  Highlights that everyone should have a real mix and diversity in portfolios. I currently own 26 stocks (normally around 20 on average ) but not surprisinly Angus is the worst.

• 3 months later...