Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

How long ago was that ? I've never seen Tim in the GoGo , usually sits outside or in the hotel reception late afternoon 

Got to be at least 20 years ago and it was in the outside bar.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, karon steve said:

Got to be at least 20 years ago and it was in the outside bar.

Yep mid 1990's and about that long since I regarded the place have much talent that I liked.

Each to their own etc.

But I still don't like to see Tims close. Its sad.

Its Pattaya these days.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tims was a bit of an institution back in the day, I remember it being so loud though, the placement of the speakers close or next to some of the tables wasn't great for my long term hearing prospects.

I think it lost its way due in part to the location and being in the kind of "no mans land" of that bit of second road. I often forgot it was there actually, and did promise myself to revisit if ever, but I guess that's well and truly not going to happen. I think its days were numbered anyhow, the current situation merely expediting its demise.

as @Zebsaid, it's a sign of the times.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2

Loved Tims, bar fined quite a few out of there.  Also used to watch footie in the back, they had massive screens and a large seating area.

Used to be a real nutter doorman who always said hi when I passed by.  Liked the place, thought the girls were alright but this was more back in the early 2000s and up to about 2014.

• Like 1

chunky monkey up for sale - not sure if it will reopen...

I was going to look at the old witherspoons on soi buakhao, thai landlady wants 83k per month during covid - rising to 108 k (and all sorts of deposits etc) - floors above have been described as 'derelict' so i didnt bother.

• Surprised 3

32 minutes ago, Chappo said:

I was going to look at the old witherspoons on soi buakhao, thai landlady wants 83k per month during covid - rising to 108 k (and all sorts of deposits etc) - floors above have been described as 'derelict' so i didnt bother.

83k........??.........Try knocking 50k off that now and that's even pushing it....

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Chappo said:

Dodged a bullet there. That's big money, and if the rooms upstairs are derelict, guess who'll be footing the bill for the renovation.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, Horizondave said:

Loved Tims, bar fined quite a few out of there.  Also used to watch footie in the back, they had massive screens and a large seating area.

Used to be a real nutter doorman who always said hi when I passed by.  Liked the place, thought the girls were alright but this was more back in the early 2000s and up to about 2014.

Great bar back in the day. Used to go there a lot. Remember the doorman, sound fella, funny as f**k. 

Had some decent girls from there when it was rocking. Probably nearly 10 years since I last went in there. Top music and pool room out back. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 5/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, fforest said:

#SiemReap Cambodia "before&after Pub street

Before...

And Now...

If there is one photo that encapsulates the stark before/after changes from Covid regarding the nightlife in SEA, this is it.

Just a devastating comparison.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bob lt said:

Or just the final 'S' ?

Used to be booze lounge before iirc, I believe that the former grass, nonce and police informant    Tourist police volunteer Howard Miller had something to do with it.

Was a decent venue back in the day, Kev in Thailand did a review on it, and I believe myself and BM Nightcrawler had a few beers in there one afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

If there is one photo that encapsulates the stark before/after changes from Covid regarding the nightlife in SEA, this is it.

Just a devastating comparison.

Looks to me like they're doing a Pub Street infrastructure improvement project. New pipes and pavement. Makes sense to do it right now when empty. Siem Reap grew way too quickly over the past decade.

Yes, there's no tourists in Siem Reap / Angkor due to Covid lockdown and hot season. Last time I was there in June 2019 it was very quiet. Many tourist hotels had closed - before Covid. 

My regular driver lives directly across from the main Angkor Temple. He told me he has no income & had to sell his nice Lexus. Feel bad for the guy as he has three kids. His wife is a food vendor. Hard times.

Just need to get the world vaccinated and tourist attraction like Siem Reap can prosper again.

20190718_184437.jpg

20190720-P1020185.jpg

20190720-P1020189.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, lazarus said:

Looks to me like they're going a Pub Street infrastructure improvement project. New pipes and pavement. Makes sense to do it right now when empty.

There's no tourists in Siem Reap / Angkor due to Covid lockdown and hot season. Last time I was there in June 2019 it was very quiet. Many tourist hotels had closed - before Covid. 

My regular driver lives directly across from the main Angkor Temple. He told me he has not income & had to sell his nice Lexus. Feel bad for the guy as he has three kids. His wife is a food vendor. Hard times.

Just need to get the world vaccinated and tourist attraction like Siem Reap can prosper again.

20190718_184437.jpg

20190720-P1020185.jpg

20190720-P1020189.jpg

I assume the authorities in Pattaya have taken the same opportunity.... won't recognise the place went we can return ..... 😉 

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I assume the authorities in Pattaya have taken the same opportunity.... won't recognise the place went we can return ..... 😉 

From the look of this thread the Pattaya powers that be have done a lot of digging. Whether it improves anything remains to be seen. Lots of new pick-up trucks for the project managers I imagine.

If my city is any indication (also a tourist town), there'll be a lot of vacant commercial property for awhile to come.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I have not seen much improvement in Pattaya yet except Tree Town is looking less run down than it use to....

The new out-side market on Excite is non operational....Walking street installd a dreadful new sign and is tearing the street up...The beach promenade needs to be replaced badly....And that's pretty much it......

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1