Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

One of my initial thoughts when covid hit is how certain components of Thai society will use it as a hammer to shut down the naughty side of things.

The "crack down" of the Soi 6 streaming practices is a perfect example. 

I fail to find any reason why these types of actions will not only continue, but over the long run prevail. Sadly......

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 2

I was just at the Avenue mall,and had a good look around....O-man.....

Yes we all know things are bad,very bad....But I was still shocked.....I don't think there are more than 6-7-8-9? business open in the entire place.....And most of the closed  businesses have their insides gutted like they never plan to reopen again  like the rooftop bar......

Amazon coffee opened right near Starbucks..And Amazons low prices look like they will be finishing off Starbucks any day now.....Starbucks was looking so rundown,and empty at first I thought they were closed.....

Robin Hood looked like they were doing ok, but I can't say the same for the rest....

The gym there is in complete shambles,and disarray.....

The movie theater is still open....

I was going to take pictures but what's the point?.....It's all closed...But trust me it's a sad sight....

And the old food court is 100% gone, just a few little food carts in front now selling juice or whatever.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 3

lots of work still happening down Soi Boomerang - the guy who owns Pleasure Lounge says he has nearly finished his refurb (been let down by Landlords and Builders) - new 'octopussy' replaces the old bacu lounge - will walk around tomorrow and take some photo's

Also Cloud 9 is up for sale.

very sad how all businesses are being destroyed by this covid-shit. but i do believe that things will come back and be different.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, john luke said:

A walk around the Avenue, this morning.

untitled-0904.jpg

untitled-0905.jpg

untitled-0906.jpg

untitled-0907.jpg

untitled-0908.jpg

untitled-0909.jpg

untitled-0910.jpg

untitled-0911.jpg

untitled-0912.jpg

untitled-0913.jpg

untitled-0914.jpg

untitled-0915.jpg

untitled-0916.jpg

untitled-0917.jpg

untitled-0918.jpg

untitled-0919.jpg

untitled-0920.jpg

untitled-0921.jpg

untitled-0922.jpg

untitled-0923.jpg

untitled-0924.jpg

untitled-0925.jpg

untitled-0926.jpg

untitled-0927.jpg

untitled-0928.jpg

untitled-0929.jpg

untitled-0930.jpg

untitled-0931.jpg

untitled-0932.jpg

untitled-0933.jpg

You missed the closed part which is most of it....lol.......Some of the places that look open are not really open....But good pictures...

Edited by fforest

its bad if your life and money revolves around bars and titties and getting whoors,

but if  you just live here and enjoy a good quality of life - its not too bad 🙂 - less noise, less traffic, less boomboomboomboom music 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Depressing but  well put together really tells the story for those not here and thinking maybe its not so bad well .....................................it  is

Agreed every well put together and also very depressing and sad.

Must make the walks a bit different too .....

Post on PA mentioned they heard the building Murphys on Khao Noi is in was slated to be demolished. Rode by this morning and while the building is still there
P6210002.jpg

there's a notice in Thai stuck to the wall
P6210003.jpg

Ran the sign through Google Translate and it came up with "waiting to withdraw the building". So maybe withdraw means demolish. Anyone with better intel on what's happening with Murphys?
P6210005.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 3

On 6/18/2021 at 11:27 AM, Chappo said:

lots of work still happening down Soi Boomerang - the guy who owns Pleasure Lounge says he has nearly finished his refurb (been let down by Landlords and Builders) - new 'octopussy' replaces the old bacu lounge - will walk around tomorrow and take some photo's

Also Cloud 9 is up for sale.

very sad how all businesses are being destroyed by this covid-shit. but i do believe that things will come back and be different.

Damn, Cloud 9 , another great little bar on the block.

I remember bm @Nightcrawlertook me there, actually it was for a serious chat which I very much appreciated at the time, having a decent bloke like himself to "lean on" and chat to.

Shame, I really liked Cloud 9, great bar with a decent pool table, some nice girls and good management.

• Like 3

So many of my favourite watering holes have disappeared since I was last in Pattaya. I find it rather depressing really and far more for them than myself. 

When most of us finally get back, it is going to be a bit of a learning curve and readjustment. I can see myself renting a bike at least for the first week just to do some reconnaissance missions to sniff out some new haunts that are to my liking, and new meet up places to start the evening. 

No doubt many of the girls will return but will be redistributed. 

No idea where I am going to stay either. I am a creature of habit and that will go out of the window. At least the local geography will have stayed more or less the same. 

But by the looks of the recent pics in John Lukes posts, Pattaya still resembles a holiday infrastructure which is temporarily in hibernation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

So many of my favourite watering holes have disappeared since I was last in Pattaya. I find it rather depressing really and far more for them than myself. 

When most of us finally get back, it is going to be a bit of a learning curve and readjustment. I can see myself renting a bike at least for the first week just to do some reconnaissance missions to sniff out some new haunts that are to my liking, and new meet up places to start the evening. 

No doubt many of the girls will return but will be redistributed. 

No idea where I am going to stay either. I am a creature of habit and that will go out of the window. At least the local geography will have stayed more or less the same. 

But by the looks of the recent pics in John Lukes posts, Pattaya still resembles a holiday infrastructure which is temporarily in hibernation. 

One things for sure. I will be a good market for guys with a power sprayer !   :default_blink:

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Shocking.....in many ways. Devastating. Difficult to watch.

An even more shocking image will be looking at it when the area recovers. Somehow I think it will, and this is why I hold on to that view.

-------------------------------------------------

As many of us here watched in horror that fateful day after Christmas, Dec. 26, 2004. Phuket Island getting decimated by the giant Tsunami. It was shocking and horrific, many of the images and videos difficult to view. The vast devastation, loss of life and livelihoods was huge. The impact on those that lost family members and friends difficult to measure, but tremendous no less.

I visited Phuket for the first time less than two years later. The place was vibrant, appeared to not have a scratch, full of life and vibrancy. After the first couple of days the thought of the tsunami did not even cross my mind. 

On the third or forth day I was walking deep within a shopping area off the beach (Patong), not far from Bangla Rd. It was kind of a small alley with little shops and tables. I looked up and on the wall was a large long stain that ran along the length of it, it was several feet above my head. I thought to myself, WTF is that ? Then it dawned on me..... It was the water line from the Tsunami. 

It is difficult to describe the feelings that I had at the moment, but it is something that sure left an impression. 

------------------------------------------------------

Pattaya can bounce back. The question is how long it may take, and how will that recovery look and feel.

In order for a beach town to thrive it needs energy and lots of it. Without, it will wither and die. I sure hope they can pull it together. Somehow I believe they will.

I visited Phuket in April of 2005 - about 4 months after the Tsunami hit - to check on some Thai friends that lived and worked on Patong Beach. IMO much of Patong looked a bit better already than before the Tsunami and was packed with tourists. Fortunately the only casualty amongst my Thai friends was one broken leg. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Shocking.....in many ways. Devastating. Difficult to watch.

An even more shocking image will be looking at it when the area recovers. Somehow I think it will, and this is why I hold on to that view.

-------------------------------------------------

As many of us here watched in horror that fateful day after Christmas, Dec. 26, 2004. Phuket Island getting decimated by the giant Tsunami. It was shocking and horrific, many of the images and videos difficult to view. The vast devastation, loss of life and livelihoods was huge. The impact on those that lost family members and friends difficult to measure, but tremendous no less.

I visited Phuket for the first time less than two years later. The place was vibrant, appeared to not have a scratch, full of life and vibrancy. After the first couple of days the thought of the tsunami did not even cross my mind. 

On the third or forth day I was walking deep within a shopping area off the beach (Patong), not far from Bangla Rd. It was kind of a small alley with little shops and tables. I looked up and on the wall was a large long stain that ran along the length of it, it was several feet above my head. I thought to myself, WTF is that ? Then it dawned on me..... It was the water line from the Tsunami. 

It is difficult to describe the feelings that I had at the moment, but it is something that sure left an impression. 

------------------------------------------------------

Pattaya can bounce back. The question is how long it may take, and how will that recovery look and feel.

In order for a beach town to thrive it needs energy and lots of it. Without, it will wither and die. I sure hope they can pull it together. Somehow I believe they will.

I was in Phuket on the 10th anniversary.  I share your observations... the Thai's bounce back strong!

16 hours ago, Chappo said:

its bad if your life and money revolves around bars and titties and getting whoors,

but if  you just live here and enjoy a good quality of life - its not too bad 🙂 - less noise, less traffic, less boomboomboomboom music 🙂 

Agree my comment about it being bad is a general comment about the whole place in general being bad. As you have said if one does not have to earn here it is not really a bad time to be here.

Great to hear from you Phil ! So many folks fully recover from a heart attack. The advances in cardiology are incredible.

I truly believe that you will bounce back from this and positive changes will be the result. 

Patts will come back, you will prosper and look forward to many good years. 

Hopefully in November we can have a nice two year reunion party at Le Pub. Hang in there bro, many good things are coming !

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya is going green.....

I never noticed before but this sign is the very first thing that greets you on Walking Street now.....

These pictures don't do a great job of showing how in-your-face the weed sign is like when your standing there...But you can get some idea....

The weed sign is showcased for a perfect fit under the Walking Street sign... 

20210702_094516.jpg

2eQstX7gN1SO.jpg

XEV9ujGwtkgh (1).jpg

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, andycoll said:

Well spotted. Does anybody know what that sign to the left of the walking street sign is about?

The other sign is a drawing of the future Walking Street, with trees....???

I don't really understand this because they seem to cut down trees just about everywhere else.....Except for zillions of Palm Trees I don't recall them ever planting trees anywhere in Pattaya.....

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, fforest said:

The other sign is a drawing of the future Walking Street, with trees....???

I don't really understand this because they seem to cut down trees just about everywhere else.....Except for zillions of Palm Trees I don't recall them ever planting trees anywhere in Pattaya.....

The sign is taking a very big artistic license on what WS will look like after they finish the project to bury the utilities.

As for planting trees, you're forgetting all the landscaping work they did after widening Beach Rd and repaving the footpath for the umpteenth time. Same thing was done for Dontan Beach.

https://pattayaone.news/new-look-pattaya-walking-street-expected-to-take-one-year/

pattaya.jpg

• Like 2