Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

44 minutes ago, Scottie said:

I seem to remember Ali Babas was about the only Indian restaurant about 2004.

It had bad reviews even then.

Thank You.....For confirming... I have been beating the drum on this subject for years now but no one seems to care much...

In about 2010- 2011 I think there were about 5-6-7-8 Indian restaurants in Pattaya .....Plenty for a city of Pattaya's size.....Nothing strange or weird at all.....

Then about 2012 or 2013 the Indian restaurant invasion began..

Every week or every month you would see more and more and more and more Indian restaurants opening.....It was insane....By 2019 there had to have been well over 200 Indian restaurants in Pattaya....

And the funny thing is the Thais, Japs, Koreans, and Chineses 100% absolutely never eat at Indian restaurants....And farang don't eat there very often...

Still plenty Indian restaurants around even after having had almost zero customers going on 2 years now...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

I remember at Tequila Reef about 2004-5, the menu had burritos medium and large portions. I asked for the large one - mai mee.  I asked about the small portion - mee. Checked large again.- mai mee.

So I headed out. Seem to remember their ribs we’re okay.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

About 20 years ago the Indian on Beach road, soi 10 opened. It was brilliant food with excellent service but then the married Indian couple took a break around 10 years ago, Thais took over and the food became watery and tasteless. It never recovered.

The one next door to Natural Beach Hotel?

52 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

The one next door to Natural Beach Hotel?

Yep. My 20 year old daughter was about 3 months old when we went in there but it had already been open for a while I think.

Back then it was busy and served excellent food but as soon as Thais took over it became crap.

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It seems this K bank is called it quits the big one on Soi Boukow next to the Tesco extra I would have thought this location did some business maybe it's a lease issue who knows

1634685337931.jpg

1634685317399.jpg

This bank was always busy, at least every time I went in...And the ATM in front was very popular... 

• Like 1

Here is my Barhopping Map 11 Years ago When the Bars were Marvelous - Great Fun...Here is my Map of how the Bars look Today..VERY VERY SAD....You have to wander which ones will survive once they are allowed to Open. We will just have to wait and see...

2020 CLOSED GO_GO MAP.jpg

BIG Bar Map Jan 2011.jpg

Edited by cartoonman
Wrong date on Map
  • Thanks 6
  • Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, cartoonman said:

Here is my Barhopping Map 11 Years ago When the Bars were Marvelous - Great Fun...Here is my Map of how the Bars look Today..VERY VERY SAD....You have to wander which ones will survive once they are allowed to Open. We will just have to wait and see...

Barhopping Map 2020 copy.jpg

I understand the message but haven't you got them mixed up a little bit? Terminal 21 should be on the map where bars are closed and not from "11 years ago"

20 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I understand the message but haven't you got them mixed up a little bit? Terminal 21 should be on the map where bars are closed and not from "11 years ago"

What has Terminal 21 got to do with these Maps - We are talking ABOUT BARS ? The MAPS are ABOUT BARS !!! Wake up Derek !!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, cartoonman said:

What has Terminal 21 got to do with these Maps - We are talking ABOUT BARS ? The MAPS are ABOUT BARS !!! Wake up Derek !!

I am very sorry for taking you literally in your post that compares bars 11 years ago with the bars today but then again I expect nothing less from a short timer that knows how to draw a picture, relies on stereotypical Pattaya behavior for humour and has a limited audience that actually looks at your work! 

Would you prefer people not to look at your work? I am confused.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

On 10/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, cartoonman said:

BIG Bar Map Jan 2011.jpg

Hey Cartoonman. Perhaps you could clarify whether you wish people to look at your cartoons or not. It's multi choice so take your time.

Q1 Do you want people to look at your work?

-yes

- yes but no but yes

-no...but yes.

- yes yes yes yes ...but no..but yes

- no no no no no no no  parking in the upper field.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, cartoonman said:

When I saw your unedited post the 2011 map had T21 on it, which hadn't been built yet. I believe that's what was being pointed out when it was mentioned it was on the wrong map.

• Thanks 1