Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

When I saw your unedited post the 2011 map had T21 on it, which hadn't been built yet. I believe that's what was being pointed out when it was mentioned it was on the wrong map.

So just to wrap this up...

So if I understand this right?

Cartoonman had a T21 misprint on the 2011 map...

Derek brought the T21 misprint to Cartoonmas attention..

Cartoonman then deleted the T21 misprint, and then proceeded to belittle Derek for pointing out the T21 missprint after Cartoonman had deleted the missprint..Cartoonman then tried to act like there was never a T21 missprint....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fforest said:

So just to wrap this up...

So if I understand this right?

Cartoonman had a T21 misprint on the 2011 map...

Derek brought the T21 misprint to Cartoonmas attention..

Cartoonman then deleted the T21 misprint, and then proceeded to belittle Derek for pointing out the T21 missprint after Cartoonman had deleted the missprint..Cartoonman then tried to act like there was never a T21 missprint....

That's a definite maybe! :default_bbq:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I preferred Pattaya in the '90s , before the Asian Currency Crisis ... can we have a map for then ? 

🙂 

Actually, that would be a very interesting map.  It would show how much the Pattaya bar scene has grown in the past 25 years.

Evil

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Actually, that would be a very interesting map.  It would show how much the Pattaya bar scene has grown in the past 25 years.

Evil

Yep that would be great to see!

5 Star Bar would be missing but also I have memories of a bar on beach rd run by a young English guy around that period in the approximate area between soi 1 and soi 2. I seem to be the only person that remembers it!

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

5 Star Bar would be missing but also I have memories of a bar on beach rd run by a young English guy around that period in the approximate area between soi 1 and soi 2. I seem to be the only person that remembers it!

I sure hope no one puts T21 on the 25 year old map...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Derek the only gaff I can recall in that area is an open fronted bar which was something to do with the Massage place behind it (on the Beach Road end). You could pick the girl from the bar and get a soapy massage upstairs , but the entrance was actually through the bar at the back.

It was a much cheaper option than the Sabai soapies back then, but buggered if I can recall the name.

There were only a few bars dotted along that end of town on Beach road , one I also recall was glass a fronted affair near to where the Gullivers is now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Butch said:

There were only a few bars dotted along that end of town on Beach road , one I also recall was glass a fronted affair near to where the Gullivers is now.

I think that's the one!

The reason it sticks in my mind is because I was just sitting down quietly looking out to sea and the English owner didn't see me. Anyways he was talking to 2 blokes at the bar that were considering buying the bar. The conversation went something like this - "It is easy to make money! Just buy people a drink and they will buy you one back. You are paying cost prices but they are paying bar prices".

It must have been when I was working in Bangkok and coming down for weekends so 96/97ish.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think that's the one!

The reason it sticks in my mind is because I was just sitting down quietly looking out to sea and the English owner didn't see me. Anyways he was talking to 2 blokes at the bar that were considering buying the bar. The conversation went something like this - "It is easy to make money! Just buy people a drink and they will buy you one back. You are paying cost prices but they are paying bar prices".

It must have been when I was working in Bangkok and coming down for weekends so 96/97ish.

Do you remember Vic's Beer Bar, on Beach Rd, maybe about the area between Soi 3 and 4, or 4 and 5? It was a double shop house wide place, had seating at tables just outside so you could enjoy the breeze coming ashore and watch the old dudes walking the beach side holding hands with a girl that could be their granddaughter.

Was my intro to Pattaya about '94, '95. Miss many of those beach road beer bars, must have been about 100, including the many multiple clusters of them in one area, from the Soi 1-2 area, down to the WS entrance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think that's the one!

It figures, although my memory is hazy, 94 / 95 /96 are the years I'm thinking of. Happy days indeed. That part of town was still fairly sparsely populated, I also would have a few beers in the Naklua bars which were largely German or Swiss then work my way back.

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

It figures, although my memory is hazy, 94 / 95 /96 are the years I'm thinking of.

Pre '96 was VERY hazy for me because I was a tourist then!

I would have to look at my CV to be accurate but I can't be arsed, I flew down from PRC for 2 years running during "Golden Week" when everything shut for 2 weeks. Flew into Don Muang then everything is just a blur of alcohol, women and music (Although I must have eaten something I have no memories of it!)

• Thumbs Up 2