Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

19 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Do you remember Vic's Beer Bar, on Beach Rd, maybe about the area between Soi 3 and 4, or 4 and 5? It was a double shop house wide place, had seating at tables just outside so you could enjoy the breeze coming ashore and watch the old dudes walking the beach side holding hands with a girl that could be their granddaughter.

Was my intro to Pattaya about '94, '95. Miss many of those beach road beer bars, must have been about 100, including the many multiple clusters of them in one area, from the Soi 1-2 area, down to the WS entrance.

Great bar, great girls. Used to sit there in my first trip, tad later than You, Mister.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SteveBC said:

That will please many people, assuming it will be under the same management as before.....

Had a few incredible afternoon jam sessions in there a couple years ago. Some of my best memories from Pattaya. Would crawl back to my hotel on Soi 13, happy as a I can ever remember. 

I sure would like to one day have another go at it. Time will tell I reckon.

21 minutes ago, fforest said:

Living in a Pattaya Wonderland....

Blaming it on Covid is bollocks!

MIT was something , then it became bars and it will again be something in future. At least they admitted at the end that it was part of the normal business dynamics of Pattaya!

To put this in perspective, the same thing happened to soi 2/3 bar complexes years ago but nobody blamed it on SARS/Thaksin/Economic crash/whatever. Somebody bought the land and decided to do something different with it! Simples.

As an aside.I have a niggling memory in my head that says that the Scottish bloke was involved in the "On the couch" football chat show on Star sports from about 20 to 25 years ago. Anybody know??

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

MIT was something , then it became bars and it will again be something in future. At least they admitted at the end that it was part of the normal business dynamics of Pattaya!

To put this in perspective, the same thing happened to soi 2/3 bar complexes years ago but nobody blamed it on SARS/Thaksin/Economic crash/whatever. Somebody bought the land and decided to do something different with it! Simples.

As an aside.I have a niggling memory in my head that says that the Scottish bloke was involved in the "On the couch" football chat show on Star sports from about 20 to 25 years ago. Anybody know??

Well Pattaya needs more Condos or Hotels like the Eskimos need more snow...

That whole complex had been looking more and more shabby for a very long time....But I liked the sleazy low rent feel the place had....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just now, fforest said:

But that whole complex had been looking more and more shabby for a very long time....But I liked the sleazy low rent feel the place had....

Hahaha totally agree but we aint the ones shelling out billions of Baht.

Talking of "sleazy low rent feel" , look what happened to soi 6 ... which will soon be going the way of MIT IMHO!! 

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

That whole complex had been looking more and more shabby for a very long time....But I liked the sleazy low rent feel the place had....

I liked the sleazy low rent feel of the pace too, but then it became an expensive sleazy low rent place to drink at. Then on top of overpriced drinks for beer bars, they started playing shitty music. Other than Danny's Sports Bar, haven't spent a baht at any of the other bars in years.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They are a couple of drama queens , cue the sad music and slow montage...555 

that bar area has been quiet for years and it won't be much of a loss imho 

plus there didn't seem to be enough girls to "staff" all these places around town before Covid ... with Tree town there would be even more demand 

you mentioned Soi 2 , but there was also a thriving bar area where Central Festival sits , before someone decided that a shopping centre made more financial sense ...

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm unsure where to post this but I reckon here would be best in case a bar owner is reading.

I've been sitting down with a bunch of mates having a good drink and a laugh when his young daughter turned up with a singing cactus in a pot plant.. It played music but it had another setting that repeated whatever it heard!

A bunch of drunken blokes with a multilingual (not really!) cactus plant had us rolling around taking the piss out of eachother.

The most common attempt was a drunken Thai version of "Ole's at the wheel".

Forget connect four etc ... get one of these !!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm unsure where to post this but I reckon here would be best in case a bar owner is reading.

I've been sitting down with a bunch of mates having a good drink and a laugh when his young daughter turned up with a singing cactus in a pot plant.. It played music but it had another setting that repeated whatever it heard!

A bunch of drunken blokes with a multilingual (not really!) cactus plant had us rolling around taking the piss out of eachother.

The most common attempt was a drunken Thai version of "Ole's at the wheel".

Forget connect four etc ... get one of these !!!

Back in the day my best buddy had a McCaw bird. Wonderful creature.

When I'd go to visit my buddy the bird would mimic our laughs perfectly and often some things we said. I am sure that I have never laughed as hard and as long as those days I stayed at his place.

• Haha 1

Well I guess Jan 15th is the new maybe open date for bars...I will bet when bars can open will be even longer....

Face it they want tourism in Thailand dead.....First line of defence to keep tourists out is people are scared to travel because of covid....

2nd line of defence is the complicated and confusing Thai pass mess.....

If tourist break through to the 3rd line of defence they will find the entertainment industry closed in Thailand...

All this should deter most all tourist except the hard core Thailand farang lifer tourist.....

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1