Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

It figures, although my memory is hazy, 94 / 95 /96 are the years I'm thinking of.

Pre '96 was VERY hazy for me because I was a tourist then!

I would have to look at my CV to be accurate but I can't be arsed, I flew down from PRC for 2 years running during "Golden Week" when everything shut for 2 weeks. Flew into Don Muang then everything is just a blur of alcohol, women and music (Although I must have eaten something I have no memories of it!)

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Do you remember Vic's Beer Bar, on Beach Rd, maybe about the area between Soi 3 and 4, or 4 and 5? It was a double shop house wide place, had seating at tables just outside so you could enjoy the breeze coming ashore and watch the old dudes walking the beach side holding hands with a girl that could be their granddaughter.

Was my intro to Pattaya about '94, '95. Miss many of those beach road beer bars, must have been about 100, including the many multiple clusters of them in one area, from the Soi 1-2 area, down to the WS entrance.

Great bar, great girls. Used to sit there in my first trip, tad later than You, Mister.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SteveBC said:

That will please many people, assuming it will be under the same management as before.....

Had a few incredible afternoon jam sessions in there a couple years ago. Some of my best memories from Pattaya. Would crawl back to my hotel on Soi 13, happy as a I can ever remember. 

I sure would like to one day have another go at it. Time will tell I reckon.