Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I would be more worried about the harmful effect of fried food on my body than MSG.

MSG Isn't Bad For You, According to Science

"Americans likely know MSG best as a component of Chinese food. It also has an unfounded reputation for causing headaches, weakness or numbness after eating dishes seasoned with it. "

Yup, it has to be the MSG and not the copious amounts of maotai rice wine that they use in the cooking!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and KFC also has that claim to fame ehh lol but don't get me wrong FBWY i love KFC, i have to restrict my consumption to one visit every few months lol

My daughter visited me last week from Bangkok. She had piled on a few pounds because the company boss's weekly treats consisted of KFC and Pizza!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

and KFC also has that claim to fame ehh lol but don't get me wrong FBWY i love KFC, i have to restrict my consumption to one visit every few months lol

Not even tempted by KFC. Can't stand fried food, except for french fries (chips). Just too greasy and oily for my taste.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My daughter visited me last week from Bangkok. She had piled on a few pounds because the company boss's weekly treats consisted of KFC and Pizza!!

and i used to do exactly the same thing with my management team on friday lunchtimes, KFC here we come lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Not even tempted by KFC. Can't stand fried food, except for french fries (chips). Just too greasy and oily for my taste.

You philistine you lol, its bloody scrummy imo but i do give it a good wipe down with tissue to remove the excess fat before i enjoy.

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The only fried food I eat nowadays is Mr Egg's trippple cooked chips and my mate's "taut man bpi" ( which is the flower part of a bunch of bananas made into a fishcake patty type thingy - ask your missus!)

• Thumbs Up 1

When I was working in China in the 1990s, it was customary for foreign bosses to invite the staff for a meal once a week as well as the day before a holiday (there are many in China).  I had a vague plan to use these meals as a way of sampling the numerous Chinese regional cuisines available in Beijing, but the staff always wanted Western fast food, especially KFC.  My driver was the only one who didn't like Western food, but he took it home to his eight-year-old son.

At that time, it was a status symbol for Chinese to eat at KFC, McDonalds and Pizza Hut.  That was the attraction, not the food itself.  I arranged for KFC meals to be delivered to his son's birthday party, which gave the boy huge face in front of his friends and classmates.  His father almost cried in gratitude, as he said it was an experience he could never have afforded to give his son.

When the daughter of the long-time office manager got married, I paid for a meal for all the wedding guests at Beijing's biggest KFC.  Again, huge, huge face for the bride and groom, as KFC wedding meals were a trend among Chinese celebrities.  I didn't know it at the time, but the office manager was married to a Communist Party official and my wedding gift put me in a favorable light from which I was able to draw several advantages.  Thank you KFC!

Evil

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

When I was working in China in the 1990s, it was customary for foreign bosses to invite the staff for a meal once a week as well as the day before a holiday (there are many in China).  I had a vague plan to use these meals as a way of sampling the numerous Chinese regional cuisines available in Beijing, but the staff always wanted Western fast food, especially KFC.  My driver was the only one who didn't like Western food, but he took it home to his eight-year-old son.

At that time, it was a status symbol for Chinese to eat at KFC, McDonalds and Pizza Hut.  That was the attraction, not the food itself.  I arranged for KFC meals to be delivered to his son's birthday party, which gave the boy huge face in front of his friends and classmates.  His father almost cried in gratitude, as he said it was an experience he could never have afforded to give his son.

When the daughter of the long-time office manager got married, I paid for a meal for all the wedding guests at Beijing's biggest KFC.  Again, huge, huge face for the bride and groom, as KFC wedding meals were a trend among Chinese celebrities.  I didn't know it at the time, but the office manager was married to a Communist Party official and my wedding gift put me in a favorable light from which I was able to draw several advantages.  Thank you KFC!

Evil

Very funny story Evil !

The last time I had KFC here in the U.S it was so bad I threw it in the trash.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Very funny story Evil !

The last time I had KFC here in the U.S it was so bad I threw it in the trash.

Same here in my part of Canada - the local KFC was taken over by a new party a few years ago and the first and only time I tried it with the  new owners it was so greasy that I never went back. 

16 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Same here in my part of Canada - the local KFC was taken over by a new party a few years ago and the first and only time I tried it with the  new owners it was so greasy that I never went back. 

They have really gone down hill the past few years, like a lot of other places.

I attribute it to labor shortages....if you catch my drift.

The thing is... these corporations haven't figured out yet that in order to maintain a "quality" or even semi quality product or service they are going to have to support their employees with a decent livable wage, and reasonable working conditions. Basic common sense IMO, yet they continue to fail. And as a result in the end will suffer from their pig headedness and stupidity. Anymore, I will write off companies that operate in such manner, and like you NEVER come back.

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Drinking Street gone...

Again I doubt if anyone on this board will actually miss it , last time I drank up there was 2016 and it was mostly ME and Indian clientele, even then it was fairly quiet, Geordie Bar at the front was the only busy-ish bar 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, love it or hate it, it is still another established bar area of Pattaya that will be gone forever, and the demographic that filled it before will now have to find another area to patronize; one can't but help think which complex will be next for the chopping block...

• Like 1