Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

18 hours ago, fforest said:

It just says Photo Translator...EVOLLY.APP

One more cool app is called Tap Translate,it Translates Thai to English with one tap....Its indispensable when when trying to order food from Grab or Line food delivery...I use to never order food online because of the Thai language problem....

• Like 2
  • Great Info 3

3 hours ago, fforest said:

These are not particularly value meals from the Beer Hub...But if you enjoy a Leo with a meal I guess the prices are not too bad....

$5-6 us...

Barely can get a cup of Joe for that  in the US. Just a beer will cost you at least $5-6+...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:23 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shit I remember the old lady! She used to get upset when Farang spoke Thai!

The bar the other side from The Star of her sticky out bar was where I once spent a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning in. When I got back to my room after a 72 hour session I switched on the telly and saw that Princess Di had died...

It was later taken over by Allen (A BSC Engineer). He did well but later realised that the amount that he "bought" it for was only an annual lease ..

I used to shoot pool in the back of that place once in awhile. It was one of the only places in Patpong open during the May 2010 Red Shirt Uprising / curfew.

4618251735_2468bd3e0b_o.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

$5-6 us...

Barely can get a cup of Joe for that  in the US. Just a beer will cost you at least $5-6+...

The food delivery apps have turned over priced Pattaya Indian food on its head...

How about Tikka Masala Chicken and Rice and Naan bread for 129 Baht....But no Leo included..A current offering,that I just ordered the other day..

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fforest said:

The food delivery apps have turned over priced Pattaya Indian food on its head...

How about Tikka Masala Chicken and Rice and Naan bread for 129 Baht....But no Leo included..

Restaurants have overheads  .... any reasonable person would expect to pay more to eat out .... no wonder places are suffering over there 

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Restaurants have overheads  .... any reasonable person would expect to pay more to eat out .... no wonder places are suffering over there 

The place I ordered from was a Indian restaurant....Near Bamboo bar...But yea its eating in- not out...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

Just now, fforest said:

The place I ordered from was a Indian restaurant....Near Bamboo bar...

I was typing the question of where you ordered when I saw your reply. Had the same thought, most, if maybe not all of the places the food delivery apps source from are restaurants.

I will tell you a trick when scanning the Indian restaurants on the food apps, if your looking for value.....If plain Naan bread cost more than 20 baht, forget it...The rest of the food will be expensive too... 

I never really used the food apps before because my old phone just did not have the horsepower for these memory hungry apps.....With my new Samsung s8 it's no problem.....There are some great food value deals to find if you dig into these apps...Juice,ice cream,coffee,bread,Thai food, Farang food, India food..etc absolutely any food..

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, monkeyman said:

Getting rid of the termites that have eaten all the furniture. :default_210:

Shit yeh!

Do you remember (of course you do,darling!) when they removed a large section of the "original" wooden floor. surrounded it with tape which blew away after a few hours, and continued serving...

I absolutely LOVE this place to bits!

Saw this video on Fakebook today, I am not really sure what to make of it. The guy obviously has money and has a heart of gold but handing out wads of cash to staff in bars etc seems a little odd especially as many will not receive the cash.

Maybe I didn't understand the video but I would not be showing my face in videos and walking around with envelopes full of large amounts of cash.

Interesting though

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Saw this video on Fakebook today, I am not really sure what to make of it. The guy obviously has money and has a heart of gold but handing out wads of cash to staff in bars etc seems a little odd especially as many will not receive the cash.

Maybe I didn't understand the video but I would not be showing my face in videos and walking around with envelopes full of large amounts of cash.

Interesting though

I have seen some of his other videos....I find him very very annoying...He talk to his listeners like children......Trust me this is not his only kind of weird vibe video...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Interesting though

I've enjoyed some of his stuff. He is kind of "goofy", but entertaining. Puts together a decent production.

The dude I think has genuine motives. I don't take issue with anything he does. Up to him... and he has a good time with it. Sure gets around, and often provides some good info.

He's a bit of a stoner, which doesn't bother me, actually kind of funny at times.

He helps a lot of people, and so I find nothing wrong with that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, gs joe said:

Like most video blogs comes across as a look at me ,

but it did show a family atmosphere 

Had the same thought, too much look at me. Great that he's helping people, but I'd have an easier time believing his motives were genuine if he didn't make a big production out of it for the sake of YT views.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Had the same thought, too much look at me. Great that he's helping people, but I'd have an easier time believing his motives were genuine if he didn't make a big production out of it for the sake of YT views.

It's the YouTube views that allows him to donate so much , from ad revenue and some generous subscribers 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Interesting though

Not sure why you say the staff won't receive the cash , he hands it to them directly