Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Looking at the iRover's Live Webcam feeds, it seems that Billabong in LK is open again, but seems to be a few blokes sitting on their own with little sign of the freelancers that would have normally been out in force. Not a lot of footfall but the Soi does look busier than it was a month ago and more lights are on.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Looking at the iRover's Live Webcam feeds, it seems that Billabong in LK is open again, but seems to be a few blokes sitting on their own with little sign of the freelancers that would have normally been out in force. Not a lot of footfall but the Soi does look busier than it was a month ago and more lights are on.....

I saw that as well mate. Although it seems the area is getting busier.

Are the Sunee Plaza toilet cams still functioning, or have you worn them out?.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's open pool table not though..

LK is busy , but only half the bars are open

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

English football tonight starts at go home in Thailand time.......ATMIT.......LOL.....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, john luke said:

0B0A1421.jpg

0B0A1422.jpg

Why two very similar restaurants see fit to be side by side?

0B0A1423.jpg

New bar at the side of the Beer Hub

0B0A1424.jpg

Reference to this place is made elsewhere on the forum; I can confirm the volume of the music being played was overwhelming.

0B0A1425.jpg

Lateral Flow tests.

lol... That one guy looks like he is about to fall off his bar stool.

11 hours ago, john luke said:

0B0A1421.jpg

0B0A1422.jpg

Why two very similar restaurants see fit to be side by side?

0B0A1423.jpg

New bar at the side of the Beer Hub

0B0A1424.jpg

Reference to this place is made elsewhere on the forum; I can confirm the volume of the music being played was overwhelming.

0B0A1425.jpg

Lateral Flow tests.

Who wants to invest in a Rasta Bar, in Pattaya, for retired expats....Chirp Chip...Crickets,I hear.....................Rasta bar....Whatever....

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Who wants to invest in a Rasta Bar, in Pattaya, for retired expats....Chirp Chip...Crickets,I hear.....................Rasta bar....Whatever....

I though the same when Trench Town opened in 2018 0r 2019 a bit further north on Bukhao.  I figured it would never  have any customers.  However, I passed that stretch of Bukhao multiple times daily and Trench Town always had plenty of customers.  Often all the seats were taken and people were standing.  I'm not interested in anything Rasta so I never visited the bar, but apparently many others did.

Evil

3 hours ago, fforest said:

26 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I though the same when Trench Town opened in 2018 0r 2019 a bit further north on Bukhao.  I figured it would never  have any customers.  However, I passed that stretch of Bukhao multiple times daily and Trench Town always had plenty of customers.  Often all the seats were taken and people were standing.  I'm not interested in anything Rasta so I never visited the bar, but apparently many others did.

Evil

You guys are missing out....  Big time !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Any news on PBG ...? It's my daughter's birthday coming up and I'd love to take her there ....

A member on Pattaya Talk asked Pete (the owner)  if the  would be able to open Jan 15 as preliminarily planned.  His reply:

Posted 

Sadly no. 

We are ready to open and will do as soon as the Corona (government) situation allows tourists to enter Thailand with out unreasonable restrictions and alcohol can be sold.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2

57 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

There was a rumour going around ''Tree Town'' last night that they are being closed

down for 3 days so it can be cleaned.....fumigated...sanitised..etc....let's see.......

Well..any place with lots of dirty farang obviously needs to be fumigated and sanitised.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

There was a rumour going around ''Tree Town'' last night that they are being closed

down for 3 days so it can be cleaned.....fumigated...sanitised..etc....let's see.......

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Well..any place with lots of dirty farang obviously needs to be fumigated and sanitised.. 

They did that here in Patong,  every bar closed for 24 hours and sanitised. Every employee in the bars to report for a PCR test at the hospital or they couldn't work anymore. 

56 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

Some places needed to be fumigated with a gallon of gas and a box of matches ,hopefully they died in the last 2 years

The King Kong bar in Soi 6 being one Nick, along with many of the 5bt toilet facilities about town......

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Around this time last year (Jan.-Feb.) there was a case (Japanese couple, so I'm told) in my condo. I didn't even know it until two days after it was reported. I thought something was odd when I walked through the lobby and noticed all of the sitting areas where roped off. I found out because a friend of mine who lived in the complex sent me a text alerting me. The signage they had up was nowhere to be seen, go figure.

The next day after I learned about the case I noticed a cleaning team of at least 30. It was actually amazing to see how they worked. They went over every inch of that place (two buildings, 16 stories each). I was dumbfounded.

I just thought to myself... well this place will be staying spic and span for a long time.

Sure enough.... weeks later there was still an active crew keeping the place spotless.

11 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Seems this is the case.......

017.JPG

More snaps of closed bars later, but bars across the road open....lol....LOS........Where are we going to go tonight?

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 3

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Hey , it's an institution! !! Was often my first stop when walking down the six  🙂 

I fully understand that Still, but mate one has to admit that it is well overdue a good scrubbing down !!!

The King Kong must be one of the oldest surviving bars in the infamous Soi 6 and i must confess to having spent some most pleasurable times in there in years long past......

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2