Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

He went before he came .... 

Be interesting to hear the vicar do the eulogy for this fella:

"He was always a cheerful family man and died doing the things he loved and had a happy ending ...." DRAFT 1

"He moved to Pattaya in later life or Sin City as it is sometimes known .... " DRAFT 2

"He will be sorely missed in Soi Honey where he became so well known ...." DRAFT 3

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Be interesting to hear the vicar do the eulogy for this fella:

"He was always a cheerful family man and died doing the things he loved and had a happy ending ...." DRAFT 1

"He moved to Pattaya in later life or Sin City as it is sometimes known .... " DRAFT 2

"He will be sorely missed in Soi Honey where he became so well known ...." DRAFT 3

Bob occasionally received therapeutic massages from Soi Honeys  highly trained massage therapists, for a old war wound he received while serving his country.....  

DRAFT 4

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

Someone asked me the other day, whether a bar could get a restaurant licence even if the food being served was cooked and prepared in a nearby restaurant and then served at the bar? If that makes sense? 

I have no idea what the conditions are for obtaining a restaurant licence during the current Covid rules. 

Does anyone know? 

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Someone asked me the other day, whether a bar could get a restaurant licence even if the food being served was cooked and prepared in a nearby restaurant and then served at the bar? If that makes sense? 

I have no idea what the conditions are for obtaining a restaurant licence during the current Covid rules. 

Does anyone know? 

I don't know anything about licensing,  but many bars here have a basic food menu that is fetched in from outside. I was in one in Rawai yesterday and tried to order food. Was told, sorry, the lady in restaurant next door was sick and not working. Apparently 8 bars there got their food from the same place.  Lol

4 hours ago, tko said:

In TQs case they actually had a decent bar menu pre-covid.  I've had their burgers and tacos before.

Yep, I'll second this! The food was actually pretty decent in there, and well priced, always nice to have a bite to eat with a beer and a view!.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Yep, I'll second this! The food was actually pretty decent in there, and well priced, always nice to have a bite to eat with a beer and a view!.

Yeah. It was an onsite kitchen and the cook made Thai dishes for the girls, too.  They'd bring me out some to try on occasion.

• Thumbs Up 2

I predict all this all this wink wink were a restaurant now stuff is going to end at some point.....Fishermen let the line out to catch fish sometimes... 

GoGos becoming restaurants? This nutz if you think about it....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, fforest said:

I predict all this all this wink wink were a restaurant now stuff is going to end at some point.....Fishermen let the line out to catch fish sometimes... 

GoGos becoming restaurants? This nutz if you think about it....

Don’t need to purchase any milk, at least

A couple of not great snaps from a few days ago......Soi Pothole....

Some signage has been put up on that 2 storey 3 unit club that's being built at the moment..

IMG_20220202_211332.jpg

Soi Lengkee sees the rebirth of the legendary.....

IMG_20220202_220151.jpg

Now a few days earlier when I had walked by there it was rammed right to the pavement..

That stone track at the back of ''Tree Town'' makes soi pothole a walk in the park after

some rain......general info....

Edited by Blue Streak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

A couple of not great snaps from a few days ago......Soi Pothole....

Some signage has been put up on that 2 storey 3 unit club that's being built at the moment..

IMG_20220202_211332.jpg

Soi Lengkee sees the rebirth of the legendary.....

IMG_20220202_220151.jpg

Now a few days earlier when I had walked by there it was rammed right to the pavement..

That stone track at the back of ''Tree Town'' makes soi pothole a walk in the park after

some rain......general info....

Dre's used to be a busy bar but it was also quite a large area compared to the pic above so I can see how the new Dre's bar can get full easily, certainly was a popular place. Used to go there with a Dutch mate whose wife had been working there as cashier.

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my initial thoughts when Corona Corona went down.... was - this will give the local "enforcers" a chance to subject the bars to new "requirements" (later to be determine). Such as certain social distancing, hygine protocols, etc.

Bars will have to meet certain, reasonable conditions in order to maintain a license, etc, etc.

End of the story is a new cash cow, for those regulating the establishments. An added cost for those in the biz, but when it all gets settled something that will need to be budgeted for, just like anything else.

In other words.... higher drink prices for those who intend to partake at such places. Price adjustment, everything back to  a "new normal" with a twist or two,.

Life goes on....

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/29/2022 at 11:58 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I was a friend of Bob, who died. A NIce fella. I heard about it yesterday morning. It didnt take long for the tabloids to get hold of the story and add their sparkle. They described him as a 70 year old traveller in one newspaper. He was a 64 year old expat who has lived on the dark side for a good few years. Not nice for his son and daughter to read first hand  before being informed. Load of bollocks about the girl giving him CPR That was her story for the Cops when they arrived. 

RIP Bob and a lot worse ways to meet your maker 

RIP. Bob cremated today

IMG-20220214-WA0013.jpg