Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 2/6/2022 at 8:12 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Don't think they'll need all that space to accommodate the  Soi Pothole "High Rollers"😄

Just have 45 baht beers....ST 500 LT 1000, They will do fine....

Edited by fforest
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Popped into '' High Roller'' tonight...don't want to say to much in case I spoils 

someones first experience in there......lol....

Intriguing, i can think of a number of possible scenarios, both good and bad .............

On 2/18/2022 at 8:47 PM, Blue Streak said:

Used to be an internet shop

Yep, there are no places in the Buakhao area that I know of that you can pop in and print stuff out now. I can easily think of 5 that have closed (2 on pothole, 1 on lengkee and 2 on buakhao.). It just means tabbing over to Soi Post Office though of course.

You'd think a bar would offer it to customers doing online 90 days to print out or some such stuff. (I'm guessing of course because I use on agent - which incurs an extra 3 meter walk!).

I use them to print out flight and coach details for trips home cos I'm an old fashioned kind of guy!

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, there are no places in the Buakhao area that I know of that you can pop in and print stuff out now. I can easily think of 5 that have closed (2 on pothole, 1 on lengkee and 2 on buakhao.). It just means tabbing over to Soi Post Office though of course.

You'd think a bar would offer it to customers doing online 90 days to print out or some such stuff. (I'm guessing of course because I use on agent - which incurs an extra 3 meter walk!).

I use them to print out flight and coach details for trips home cos I'm an old fashioned kind of guy!

I would think any of the Kodak/Fuji film places would offer print service.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I find that Kodak shop opposite the Marquee bar helpful and cheap but you

have to get your info on a stick first......

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I would think any of the Kodak/Fuji film places would offer print service.

Also Post Office and delivery type places.  I've been using one in Big C Extra recently, just inside the car park doors by the food court.

• Great Info 1

For those of you who are on the ground in Pattaya,how would you sum up in general, the current situation regarding nightlife in particular? 

By that I mean a number of things, including bars reopening, number of girls returning to work, overall tourist atmosphere, footfall and the impact of earlier closing times, and maybe what current atmosphere compared to pre pandemic conditions is like. 

Maybe a tall order, but I certainly would be interested and perhaps others, as being part of our decision as to when to return (not withstanding current immigration issues) 

39 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

For those of you who are on the ground in Pattaya,how would you sum up in general, the current situation regarding nightlife in particular? 

By that I mean a number of things, including bars reopening, number of girls returning to work, overall tourist atmosphere, footfall and the impact of earlier closing times, and maybe what current atmosphere compared to pre pandemic conditions is like. 

Maybe a tall order, but I certainly would be interested and perhaps others, as being part of our decision as to when to return (not withstanding current immigration issues) 

At present a large percentage of bars are open, even though they are operating under a restaurant licence.  There are plenty of girls at these bars.  That said the bars which are open do not include the GoGo bars, bar a tiny minority.  My suspicion is that a number of GoGo girls are working in these beer bars.  I noticed some very attractive girls whilst walking along Soi 6.

The town generally is very quiet.  There was a rise in the number of people visiting over Christmas; this was mainly Thai nationals from Bangkok but some overseas visitors.  Most of these are now gone and the place is relatively quiet.  

Walking Street was dominated by GoGo bars which are closed and due to the lack of diversity in the area, Walking Street does look very much abandoned in parts.

The shopping malls are open but relatively quiet.

I did a few of the nearby tourist attractions the other week and generally they were very quiet.  In one case I was the only spectator to watch the crocodile show.  On average I would see about three visitors at the attractions at the time of my visit.

The place is not deserted but considerably quieter than it was at Christmas and the New Year.  By contrast it is busier than it was when I visited in July.

By no means a good answer but I hope it assists.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 2