Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Here's  a message from Pattaya Pete, the owner of the Pattaya Beer Garden, regarding the reopening:

We will be open tomorrow [EP note- March 18] and every day from 1pm to 10pm.  

We are only running 1 shift hence the shortened opening hours.  As soon as turnover justifies it we will be back to normal opening times.  Ten pm is still mandated closing time although the powers that be are discussing that tomorrow and may allow later closing and also the opening of bars and nightclubs.  We will see.

With a skeleton staff of just 20 vs the normal 100 it may take us a few days to get things humming, so please forgive any slowness or sloppiness in the service.  I am fairly confident things will be fine but until we are running I can't be sure.  We will tweak it as needed.

On a personal note, I am stepping back from day to day operations.  Twenty five years in the bar and restaurant trade in Pattaya is a pretty good run but I am not as energetic or motivated as I was in the past.  Old age sucks :-).  My Thai step son, Eckapon will be the new manager.  He has been around me for 25 years (he is 27) so hopefully has a good understanding of "crazy" farangs.  Eck has excellent English so feel free to have a chat with him anytime and your opinion on the operation and farang friendliness of the place are welcome, both in the bar and here on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, cartoonman said:

A desk is at the opening asking you to take a TEST...See Photo...NO !!! I don't need all that Sh*t just for a Beer.Turned around and went to The Shamrock and had a Wonderful Meal...I'll come back when all the Craziness Go`s.

Beer garden test.jpg

• Sad 4

15 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Does this Niall chap live under one of the many flyovers about town, or possible squats in the old Batman building ??      He certainly looks like he does....... 

He was the only person who made a Beer Garden opening day video....

14 hours ago, cartoonman said:

A desk is at the opening asking you to take a TEST...See Photo...NO !!! I don't need all that Sh*t just for a Beer.Turned around and went to The Shamrock and had a Wonderful Meal...I'll come back when all the Craziness Go`s.

Beer garden test.jpg

8 hours ago, fforest said:

I'm sure, in typical thai style, this will be for 1 or 2 days only, and then forgotten about.... and so you'll both be able to visit happily...

Edited by Painter
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm sure, in typical thai style, this will be for 1 or 2 days only, and then forgotten about.... and so you'll both be able to visit happily...

The owner posted this on another forum.

The "health nazis" were only there for one day, yesterday.  From today we will be doing what every one else is doing and anything we do will be done by our own staff.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Some new bars on Soi 7 ... he says he may open a gentleman's club as well ... and call it Secrets 555

Personally I doubt if  Soi 7/8 will recover  ... not enough customers and girls for the bars pre Covid , never mind post ... 

Well they look like a handful.

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Personally I doubt if  Soi 7/8 will recover  ... not enough customers and girls for the bars pre Covid , never mind post

Totally agree, think his bar will do OK but the whole Soi no. He seems to surround himself with people telling him what he wants to hear.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 8:45 PM, Stillearly said:

Some new bars on Soi 7 ... he says he may open a gentleman's club as well ... and call it Secrets 555

Personally I doubt if  Soi 7/8 will recover  ... not enough customers and girls for the bars pre Covid , never mind post ... 

When he spoke about the outside area I immediately thought of the good old days in Singapore with Popeye Joes... ..Afternoon champagne lunches, a few drinks in the bar plus a nightclub...Nah...He doesn't stand a chance.

He really is a nice guy and I wish him luck.... I think the Assienda will do better. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Do you know him, or is that just the impression you get watching his videos? 

From watching his very first videos up country when he was natural, fun and informative......but then he just went to bollocks after Nick Noi and Morph left and when he promoted NWG he stopped being himself.

But to answer your question directly, no, I don't know him personally but have had a beer with him that's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

When he spoke about the outside area I immediately thought of the good old days in Singapore with Popeye Joes... ..Afternoon champagne lunches, a few drinks in the bar plus a nightclub...Nah...He doesn't stand a chance.

He really is a nice guy and I wish him luck.... I think the Assienda will do better. 

He's selling that