Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 9/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, thegrogmonster said:

Hate the shit but just curious if you buy the stuff can you smoke it on the premises?

People pretty much smoke it anywhere now... five days ago, a Dutch guy blew smoke rings in the face of the local BiB who visited the bar... we just continued playing pool as if nothing happened.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 2

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Second night in Sin City called in the TQ,decent music & some nice( & some not so) girls,had a nice conversation with a very pretty girl and a few Changs.

Later went into Playgirlz at the entrance to Soi Boomerang & it was pretty much the opposite,I hate the boom boom music!

I have yet to hear any good things about Playgirlz

• Thumbs Up 4

On 7/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, Evil Penevil said:

I'm not sure my memory is totally accurate on this one, but I'm confident I've got enough right to stake Gabor's life on it.

The Classroom on Soi 2 opened around 1998 or so without any ownership connection to the then long-running The Classroom on Pattayaland 2.  It was called Classroom 2 because it was on Soi 2, not because it was a branch of the original The Classroom, although I'm sure many visitors thought it was. Take a look at this early go go bar map from 2000 or 2001:

a2.jpg

Classroom 1 and Classroom 2, although those were never official names.

Maybe because of pressure from the owners of the original Classroom, the one on Soi 2 changed its name to Classroom 2000.  In 2005 or 2006, the owners of Classroom 2000 opened a coyote-style bar with live music next door and called it Honey Pot.   

For a few years, Honey Pot had the reputation of very hot dancers with high barfines and fees.  It was torn down in 2010 to make way for an extension to the Sabai hotel.  The coyote dancers moved to Classroom 2000, which was renamed Lek's Classroom.  It changed names once more to Lek's A Go Go before closing for good in 2017.

Anyway, that's how I remember it.  I used to know Lek a little bit back in the day, enough to talk with her.  At one point, she controlled quite a string of go go's and beer bars.

Evil

Great Map - That`s one of my early one`s - I'm still doing them 20 years later...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:09 AM, cartoonman said:

Great Map - That`s one of my early one`s - I'm still doing them 20 years later...

And doing them well!  🙏  Of all the millions of words and graphics posted about Pattaya, your maps are among the most helpful to visitors.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Great name,sure i seen a bar with same name in treetown last night,pretty impressed with tree town,apart from the over expensive foodcourt,i mean 100bht for pad krapow moo..havin a laugh aint they,tho a girl in one of the bars told me thats falang price haha

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Sad 1

Spent most of last night in Korandos playing pool & talking to some very pretty girls.

They have a lot of decent lookers for a beer bar & last night I found out why.

Talking to one of the gaffers he said they've been recruiting for a new GC which is opening later this month,so expect less girls in Korandos anytime soon.

I'll have to ask them where the new GC is,he did tell me but I was a bit pissed at the time.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I'll have to ask them where the new GC is,he did tell me but I was a bit pissed at the time.

I believe it is at the end of Soi 15, at the junction with Soi Buakhao - what used to be an Italian restaurant (possibly called Volare). 

Ask the girls what the barfine is at Korando's and you'll discover another reason why there are so many girls in the bar! 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I believe it is at the end of Soi 15, at the junction with Soi Buakhao - what used to be an Italian restaurant (possibly called Volare). 

Ask the girls what the barfine is at Korando's and you'll discover another reason why there are so many girls in the bar! 

That's if they go at all. From reading posts on another board it sounds like quite a few have BF's and just hang out in the bar to socialize and pickup extra money as drink sluts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2