Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 minutes ago, farangme said:

TQ?

This is how rumours start, the name is not mentioned in the original post but now some have their view of the establishment. TQ would be my choice but others have mentioned a few other establishments such as FarEast Rock and Classroom.

Good job there isn't a lynching involved lol

29 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

This is how rumours start, the name is not mentioned in the original post but now some have their view of the establishment. TQ would be my choice but others have mentioned a few other establishments such as FarEast Rock and Classroom.

Lynching mob?

Everyone has the right to surmise what Mr Egg was referring to. The fact he won't say just makes posters more curious. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

Really ??  What percentage of the normal numbers in Pattaya at any time of the year are Expats ??  15% tops (and thats being very generous.) Bars were in a death spiral pre covid but with just expats visiting I'd doubt they'll cover the utility bills let alone any salaries

I do not disagree with you at all but having made my doom and gloom pronouncements I felt sorry for Phil and was actually thinking only of Le Pub being the only expat bar in Pattaya I am likely to visit with any kind of regularity.

His will tick over through expats because he deserves it to and I consider him a mate and a former work colleague and I wish him well. Most of the others face an awful 2020.

On the other hand, 2021 could see a number of gogo's reopening under new ownership having been picked up in the resulting fire sale for sweeties.

• Like 2

I don't think there are anywhere near enough expats in Pattaya to keep things ticking over. The ones that are already there are feeling the effects of a strong baht, not to mention many UK pension providers are informing customers of a 20% reduction in their pension.

They need planes filled with tourists to start arriving asap. I think there will be a gradual uptick in tourists from around October time, but not enough to sustain a rebound in trade. The strong bars with loyal followings will survive, hard times ahead for those that rely on feeding off the scraps.

If I owned a bar in Pattaya the biggest concern for me would be the strengthening baht. As others have alluded to, the naughty nightlife trade was dire prior to Covid19, I believe that was mostly down to the poor exchange rate. If it gets even worse, things could get really mucky.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don't think there are anywhere near enough expats in Pattaya to keep things ticking over. The ones that are already there are feeling the effects of a strong baht, not to mention many UK pension providers are informing customers of a 20% reduction in their pension.

They need planes filled with tourists to start arriving asap. I think there will be a gradual uptick in tourists from around October time, but not enough to sustain a rebound in trade. The strong bars with loyal followings will survive, hard times ahead for those that rely on feeding off the scraps.

If I owned a bar in Pattaya the biggest concern for me would be the strengthening baht. As others have alluded to, the naughty nightlife trade was dire prior to Covid19, I believe that was mostly down to the poor exchange rate. If it gets even worse, things could get really mucky.

I'm an ex-pat that lives on the Darkside and rarely go into Pattaya for a drink unless it's to meet mates there. Where I live now I can walk to about 6 bars ( including the Booze Lounge ) and there's another half a dozen bars 2-3 minutes away on a motorbike, out of those dozen bars I reckon maybe 2-3 might survive with the regular ex-pats over here but I'd say highly unlikely the others would.

I think the same as you about the ex-pats, there's not enough there on the ground now to keep many bars open and after 9-10pm they may as well close because the ex-pats will be in bed !

But it still would be nice if they were allowed to open up even if on restricted hours just to see how it goes.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, farangme said:

Lynching mob?

Everyone has the right to surmise what Mr Egg was referring to. The fact he won't say just makes posters more curious. 

I was just highlighting that rumours sometimes get out of hand, for me it would have been better to have said nothing or offered a fact.

This whole forum is sometimes just speculation and rumour and that has got some people in trouble and others just confused;  I like to read fact which is the reason I very rarely read any of the Covid threads anymore.....

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I'm an ex-pat that lives on the Darkside and rarely go into Pattaya for a drink unless it's to meet mates there. Where I live now I can walk to about 6 bars ( including the Booze Lounge ) and there's another half a dozen bars 2-3 minutes away on a motorbike, out of those dozen bars I reckon maybe 2-3 might survive with the regular ex-pats over here but I'd say highly unlikely the others would.

I think the same as you about the ex-pats, there's not enough there on the ground now to keep many bars open and after 9-10pm they may as well close because the ex-pats will be in bed !

But it still would be nice if they were allowed to open up even if on restricted hours just to see how it goes.

Totally agree, plus a lot of ex-pats including those on the not so Elite visa are unable to get back into the country. The offshore guys provide a steady stream of customers for some bars during the low season, but given the oil crisis and the travel restrictions they will be thin on the ground. It's really a perfect storm in many regards.

seems its been said that 5 or 6 customers were arrested and spent a night in the Gray Bar hotel 

13 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Rumour that Fraser's was raided by the cops after a customer posted a photo of him celebrating his birthday with a few alcohol beverages on display. Not sure how true the story is.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I was just highlighting that rumours sometimes get out of hand, for me it would have been better to have said nothing or offered a fact.

This whole forum is sometimes just speculation and rumour and that has got some people in trouble and others just confused;  I like to read fact which is the reason I very rarely read any of the Covid threads anymore.....

IMO... Most posts offer opinions/thoughts on current topics. Rarely facts unless reported officially. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, john1000 said:

IMO... Most posts offer opinions/thoughts on current topics. Rarely facts unless reported officially. 

Nothing wrong in opinions and thoughts, they are accepted as such but rumours and speculation are usually offered as fact or the truth.

Then again I remember Hooters in Bangkok was closing down, fact it appeared from a good source but ended up not being the truth.

We just have to be careful what we take from the many posts within a forum as we have some members here who believe they are passing on facts within many threads when it is probably best to seek alternate sources of information.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Noticed on my walk this morning that the Easy R-Con bar is no longer being used as a car park, Piss Stop Bar has taken the chains off the chairs and tables in the front area of the bar, and Katesiree 2 looks open again (probably kidding on they're serving meals).

Signs of what's to come I hope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Noticed on my walk this morning that the Easy R-Con bar is no longer being used as a car park, Piss Stop Bar has taken the chains off the chairs and tables in the front area of the bar, and Katesiree 2 looks open again (probably kidding on they're serving meals).

Signs of what's to come I hope.

Noticed the motorbikes were missing from Easy R-Con a few weeks ago. No chairs or tables yet, so not getting my hopes up just yet.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:40 AM, Horizondave said:

The only other one that might "possibly" have matched the description would be Baccara.

To speculate you need at least a basic foundation to build the speculation on...

With the Covid rules constantly changing it makes speculating about the bar industry almost impossible.....

The only thing 100% clear is 2020 will be the worst year on record for bars...

And Expats are to few in number save to bars if they ever do reopen except for a few places like Phils bar, Pin-up, Windmill, Maybe the Beer Garden  all the rest will fight over their share of almost nothing....As they wait for the tourist to return...

Edited by fforest

my mate note who sings at pattaya rock street blue sky bar 2 next to skyfall told me they will reopen on 1st june.not sure if it will happpen.but i can see a lot of bars struggling to get customers in if the prices are still the same.bars and gogos are going to have ot rethink the prices for a got 6 months before they can get back to normal.and as for xmas new year i can see it a very quiet one to.a lot or place will not last and close i see.but thais do not see thsi and just hick prices up so people just leave asap when they see prices.

• Like 1