Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

8 hours ago, RR007 said:

The only other one that might "possibly" have matched the description would be Baccara.

I assumed TQ as well but Baccara? 

I thought the Pattaya branch opened up fairly recently. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Esco said:

I assumed TQ as well but Baccara? 

I thought the Pattaya branch opened up fairly recently. 

Baccara on walking street has only been opened around 10 years. I think it replaced the old Irish bar that was on walking street. 

On 5/21/2020 at 12:31 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Rumour that Fraser's was raided by the cops after a customer posted a photo of him celebrating his birthday with a few alcohol beverages on display. Not sure how true the story is.

They probably found a decent sized portion and arrested the cook. I could never find one in there.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, RR007 said:

The only other one that might "possibly" have matched the description would be Baccara.

I think Baccara is part of the Happy group. TQ is still favourite me thinks!

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, fforest said:

One guy owns these 2 bars and a third right there too.......He is a farang.....I am not sure what nationality....He started with one bar then bought the 2 others.....

He's Australian. He and his two sons run the bars. One of the sons got Thai citizenship late last year, the other one was still going through the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

He's Australian. He and his two sons run the bars. One of the sons got Thai citizenship late last year, the other one was still going through the process.

I've been introduced to one of the sons I think - big guy and very pleasant.  Do they own or rent from RatanaKorn Assets that built the hotel?

1 hour ago, KWA said:

I've been introduced to one of the sons I think - big guy and very pleasant.  Do they own or rent from RatanaKorn Assets that built the hotel?

Never really talked to them about details of their business. Daniel and Andrew are the sons. Andrew is slightly taller than Daniel, but wouldn't say he's a big guy. Both, as you said, are very pleasant guys. Daniel for a few years rented the house next to mine so got to know him a bit better.

to be honest I can't wait to see 50% or more of bars and gogos shut down. Call be a c**t or call me what you want, but the over saturation of shit bars definitely resulted in a lack of returning visitors to Pattaya.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wakarani said:

to be honest I can't wait to see 50% or more of bars and gogos shut down.

You know the bars that shut down are the ones you like.

Much easier to just don't go to "those bars"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wakarani said:

to be honest I can't wait to see 50% or more of bars and gogos shut down.

Myself if I don't care for the staff in a bar I just don't go in there again. As you point out plenty of other bars around. Why get so wound up over individual owners? 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, wakarani said:

to be honest I can't wait to see 50% or more of bars and gogos shut down. Call be a c**t or call me what you want, but the over saturation of shit bars definitely resulted in a lack of returning visitors to Pattaya.

You are absolutely spot on. Do you think those owners give a shit when they tell the staff to serve watered down drinks, fake spirits, or padded bills. Sod them, sooner they go bankrupt and piss off the better. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Apologies for quality.....was getting pushed about by the FL's in a hurry to get to ''Tree Town''....lol.....

036.JPG

I've heard from an ex-regular there that it's closed for a refit, not closed closed.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:50 PM, wakarani said:

A bit like '"culling the herd." The weak and sick fall first.

The ongoing transformation of Pattaya as a "play" resort to a generic tourist trap is an ongoing multi year process.

COVID-19 has helped to just speed up the timeline a bit.

20170708-IMG_0708.jpg

Edited by lazarus

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I've heard from an ex-regular there that it's closed for a refit, not closed closed.

It has had lots of decorators in of late...hasn't been operating for quite a while..ie doing food...and It's got new

signage m8, that's all I can genuinely report at the moment.....keep safe.....was still closed this evening.....

Watch this space...lol.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

It has had lots of decorators in of late...hasn't been operating for quite a while..ie doing food...and It's got new

signage m8, that's all I can genuinely report at the moment.....keep safe.....was still closed this evening.....

Watch this space...lol.....

Reopening tomorrow.......

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, lazarus said:

A bit like '"culling the herd." The weak and sick fall first.

The ongoing transformation of Pattaya as a "play" resort to a generic tourist trap is an ongoing multi year process.

COVID-19 has helped to just speed up the timeline a bit.

20170708-IMG_0708.jpg

Not much social distancing going on there apart from the parachutes in the distance.

Agree with this post apart from last two words "a bit".   Be little Huangzhou-on-Sea for the Chinese by the end of next year.

Lynching mob?
Everyone has the right to surmise what Mr Egg was referring to. The fact he won't say just makes posters more curious. 

I made a promise to the persons (two) who told me that I wouldn’t reveal the name of the bar. If I make a promise? I make a promise. The gogo is on Walking St not Beach Rd
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1