Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Despite staying on soi 15, I dont think I've ever eated there.

I ate a lot at spaghetti bistro on soi 15 before that was demolished last summer. Walking past the urban place, it appeared the food was similar, but the urban was about 50% more expensive

I hope it doesn't just remain an empty shell for years to come

Something like Robin's Nest would succeed in there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Sergio's at the Avenue has some great pizza and the best Calzone by far in the whole area (and maybe all of Thailand based on my experience).

However Sergio's doesn't have pizza by the slice so that would be an attractive addition to the Food World.

On Friday, March 01, 2019 at 4:34 PM, Painter said:

Down the soi behind 18 coins, rumour has it this will be a bar. If it is, it mist rank as one of the smallest in town.

20190301_140637.thumb.jpg.d069dfe170c746f8ee92bbb8eb159d0d.jpg20190301_140701.thumb.jpg.31ad94c102395045b69bd8a63de1fc6a.jpg

Incidentally the cute lady who had a laundry here has moved about 15 metres further down the soi.

My bad... the bar is now open, and is an extension of the restaurant.

20190307_133326.jpg

20190307_133315.jpg

5 hours ago, misteregg said:

Mamasang at Nice gogo on soi Diamond looking a bit worried last night at about 9:00pm frantically texting on her phone. Maybe the girls didn’t show.
Reports are nice line up but too small and music painfully loud.

That's a killer in many gogos, I have never understood it, I once went into Queens in LK and the music was that loud my ears were hurting, I necked my drink and left ASAP.

33 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's a killer in many gogos, I have never understood it, I once went into Queens in LK and the music was that loud my ears were hurting, I necked my drink and left ASAP.

The first time I went into Queen I had to sit in front of the stage on a low stool. Directly in front of my knees was a speaker, the vibrations made me feel ill.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

I stopped going to the cave bar because how loud it was

But at least that's a music bar where, theoretically, you go to listen to the music. 

Gogos and beer bars are places where you should be able to have conversations. 

12 hours ago, Painter said:

Something's afoot on Walking street soi 14. Don't think I've heard anything mentioned....

😁

DSC03611 (Copy).JPG

DSC03610 (Copy).JPG

DSC03612 (Copy).JPG

DSC03613 (Copy).JPG

Hate seeing this I was involved from the beginning and now this. Shit seeing that sign removed  hits home like a piece of me is missing 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, misteregg said:

Mamasang at Nice gogo on soi Diamond looking a bit worried last night at about 9:00pm frantically texting on her phone. Maybe the girls didn’t show.
Reports are nice line up but too small and music painfully loud.

I looked in there last evening. Not a single customer, but a lot of girls (all dressed with more clothes than your average waitress in Patts.).

I did a U-turn.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I looked in there last evening. Not a single customer, but a lot of girls (all dressed with more clothes than your average waitress in Patts.).

I did a U-turn.

I gave it 5 minutes... only customer, I'm still "waiting for the wonder", totally ignored by all 25 girls (yes, I counted!), coke zero (although I'm amazed that the waitress could hear my order) 110b, after 5 minutes my ears were bleeding from the noise, check bin and left.

Seating very narrow and upright, no space for feet, table to close to seat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I gave it 5 minutes... only customer, I'm still "waiting for the wonder", totally ignored by all 25 girls (yes, I counted!), coke zero (although I'm amazed that the waitress could hear my order) 110b, after 5 minutes my ears were bleeding from the noise, check bin and left.

Seating very narrow and upright, no space for feet, table to close to seat.

Madness- you're "waiting for the  pt.wonder", they are waiting to go bankrupt.

Understand their target market is affluent Asians, not eccentric English millionaires but still. Panda has the same target market but will still want to take your cash and won't ignore you. They've attended Business 101 and realised the primary goal is actually to take cash off your customers in return for some sort of service.

Why go to the time and effort of an expensive refurb and business set-up? They could just take a few million Baht out and set fire to it- same end result just a hell of lot quicker!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1