What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

Latest forecasts that I have seen suggest that Sterling will continue to rise slowly against the Thai Baht and possibly achieve over 46 Baht to the Pound come October/November of this year. However, I would imagine that a lot still depends on how the Thai economy is affected by the latest Covid outbreak and lock down measures.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Latest forecasts that I have seen suggest that Sterling will continue to rise slowly against the Thai Baht and possibly achieve over 46 Baht to the Pound come October/November of this year. However, I would imagine that a lot still depends on how the Thai economy is affected by the latest Covid outbreak and lock down measures.

A lot will also depend on the fish woman not getting sufficient support in the Scottish election to rip the UK apart. If that happens, it will make the lost years after the 2016 referendum look like a happy and prosperous time.

Isn't it a bit weird that the good election results for the government seem to have had no effect at all on Sterling? Labour having taken half the seats in the Senedd means that Drakeford won't have to cut a deal with Plaid to govern by offering a referendum on independence. Similarly, the fish woman in Edinburgh didn't get her absolute majority, and even though she's still gobbing on about independence she's in a weaker position than she might have been, so for the next few years at least the UK looks safe. I'd have thought this was all pretty good news for the country and so for its currency.

53 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

......., the fish woman in Edinburgh didn't get her absolute majority, and even though she's still gobbing on about independence she's in a weaker position than she might have been, so for the next few years at least the UK looks safe. 

I might have heard this wrongly but I thought the Greens were also pro-independence, so the SNP and Greens constitute a majority in favour of leaving the Union.