What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

45.55 to the £

UK economy grew 4.8%.

The success of the vaccine roll out will see the £ climb more.

I predicted it would be about 50 by the time most can get back, i stand by that.

I'm interested to find out why it dropped from 46.5 to 45.7 in just a couple of days. Any ideas??

Everything you say + a disastrous vaccine rollout here for the locals suggests it should be nearer 47  at the moment.

I transferred funds for my health insurance yesterday at 46.00 so no complaints from me compared to this time last year !!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm interested to find out why it dropped from 46.5 to 45.5 in just a couple of days. Any ideas??

Everything you say + a disastrous vaccine rollout here for the locals suggests it should be nearer 47  at the moment.

I transferred funds for my health insurance yesterday at 46.00 so no complaints from me compared to this time last year !!

No idea, first time i've looked at the thread in a while, didn't even know it had been at 46.5 TBH

Just basing my assumptions on the successful vaxx roll out in the UK, and economy getting back to some sort of normality.

And the exact opposite in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

No idea, first time i've looked at the thread in a while, didn't even know it had been at 46.5 TBH

Just basing my assumptions on the successful vaxx roll out in the UK, and economy getting back to some sort of normality.

And the exact opposite in Thailand.

Something happened midnight of the 10th August ... buggered if I know ...

I agree with @Krapow , some very positive vibes coming out of the UK regarding recovery, and Thailand is really struggling, although a weaker baht might push exports up a bit.

If we see an interest rate rise in the UK then that will strengthen the Sterling internationally even more, that in turn will make imports cheaper and then hopefully consumer spending will increase as well, all good stuff. (that is my very simplistic view of it, and I maybe wrong).

Either way, yep, I'll go with the prediction of 50 baht to the pound by the end of the year.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fforest said:

This is the future for the baht......down down down down, minimum for 5 more years maybe 10.....

image.png

Click to enlarge

I haven't got a clue what that first graph is because I can't read it.

The second graph is showing the value of the Baht against the Indian Rupee over the last 5 years. One Rupee will now buy you fewer THB than 5 years ago. In other words, the value of the THB has RISEN against the Rupee, or (to put it another way) the value of the Rupee has fallen against the THB.

5 years ago, 1 IRP would buy 0.521 THB; now it is 0.444 THB.

Could you please explain what this has to do with whatever point it is that you are trying to make. 

What the top chart is does not matter......

The chart formation is what matters.....The formation is called cup and handle......And there is a very good chance the Rupee with follow this formation, which will be good for the dollar and the pound and euro, they will be tagging along to the upside with the Rupee...

I think there very well could be a flood of Indians coming to Thailand in the future and what the Rupee is doing is of more importance than what the dollar and pound and euro are doing in regards to the baht.......

Yes I know most will think this is pure speculation, and in a way I guess it is....But watch and see if these charts match up in the next few years.....