What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

22 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I haven't got a clue what that first graph is because I can't read it.

The first graph seems to show something (unknown) from January and February 2012 .....

It probably appeared on his twatter feed as highly important and up-to-date information!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fforest said:

What the top chart is does not matter......

The chart formation is what matters.....The formation is called cup and handle......And there is a very good chance the Rupee with follow this formation, which will be good for the dollar and the pound and euro, they will be tagging along to the upside with the Rupee...

I think there very well could be a flood of Indians coming to Thailand in the future and what the Rupee is doing is of more importance than what the dollar and pound and euro are doing in regards to the baht.......

Yes I know most will think this is pure speculation, and in a way I guess it is....But watch and see if these charts match up in the next few years..... 

That's actually a good point you make. We all saw what happened once the Ruble took a tumble and the Russians lose their Ruble / THB parity. Back in 2013 (my worst trip EVER) the Sabai Wing was choc a bloc (pardon the pun) with Russians or visitors from the "-stans" , noisy guests, no chance of a sun lounger and they generally f*cked the place. A couple of years later and it was back to normal.

I for one hope we don't see the Rupee attain anything near parity with the THB, last thing Pattaya needs are hotels full of Indian guys pissing in the pool, gobbing on the path and generally being twats, which once drunk, they are, and make your common all garden Euro lager lout look like an angel.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Back down to 45.3 ....If I was a cynical bastard I'd say something dodgy was happening (or zwielichtig as one Thai person might say)  every time it gets above 46.

The pound took a dive against the dollar recently which does affect the baht rate. I presume the dollar/baht rate stayed steady but haven't been looking. The fact the pound is still at 45.30 kind of surprises me but indicates not much confidence in the baht.

Then again the pound was only getting you around 39 about 15 months ago so I like to view the rate as positive compared to some of the doom mongers on here and other forums who predicted a sterling rate of around 25 - 30  when the pound was hitting 36 - 37 baht some time back. I remember being worried then but I feel more comfortable now and some money has been transferred to my accounts in Thailand for my next few trips.

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I remember being worried then but I feel more comfortable now and some money has been transferred to my accounts in Thailand for my next few trips.

Yep, I transferred this week at 46.13 with TW.

I apologise if I came across as a doom and gloom monger. I have experienced the biggest swings here, over the decades but that is in the past. I am only interested in each day and what I get for my money.

Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I apologise if I came across as a doom and gloom monger. I have experienced the biggest swings here, over the decades but that is in the past. I am only interested in each day and what I get for my money.

Sorry.

No doom and gloom from your post, I think you are not alone in thinking the currency is being propped up when it suits.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sorry.

Wasn't aiming my post towards yourself as I can't remember those over the years who have projected the free fall of the pound against the baht. Many though have predicted the pound much weaker than it is especially since Brexit but presently it is doing Ok although not at the heady heights of a rate above 50 or as some of us knew it above 70.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Wasn't aiming my post towards yourself as I can't remember those over the years who have projected the free fall of the pound against the baht. Many though have predicted the pound much weaker than it is especially since Brexit but presently it is doing Ok although not at the heady heights of a rate above 50 or as some of us knew it above 70.

It took a thumping against the dollar last week due to less than enviable inflation figures, the BoE are making whispers about an interest rate rise to control inflation, which should have a positive impact on the value of sterling.

I think that's how it works anyway, but I'm more than likely way off the mark lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...