What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

9 hours ago, nadia said:

do they still take the old fifty pound notes at  the booths /banks 

7 hours ago, Painter said:

Provided they aren't torn, and have no markings on them, then yes they do

I didn't fancy the risk, changed all mine for the new series.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:50 PM, bob lt said:

I didn't fancy the risk, changed all mine for the new series.

"

The Bank of England has urged people to spend or deposit their paper £20 and £50 notes before the notes stop being legal tender in six months.

The Bank is replacing the paper notes with more durable plastic ones featuring artist JMW Turner and mathematician Alan Turing.

More than £17bn worth of paper notes remain in circulation, the Bank said.

But after 30 September, people will not be able to use the paper notes for payments in shops and other businesses.

From October, people with a UK bank account will still be able to deposit the paper notes into their account. 

Some Post Offices may also accept the old notes as payment for goods and services, or as a deposit to an account accessed via the postal service, the Bank said.

The paper notes can also be exchanged by the Bank of England."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

"

The Bank of England has urged people to spend or deposit their paper £20 and £50 notes before the notes stop being legal tender in six months.

No coincidence that John Luke is currently flying home...he will need another mattress in a couple of days time

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Krapow said:

Where are we at the minute, what am i gonna get when changing before deposit in my Kasikorn A/C?

I just got 42.3 from TW. The Times and Torygraph this weekend both have big stories on how disastrous Sterling's performance has been of late, and how it's perfectly possible it may drop to parity with the USD. That prospect makes anything over 40 seem like a bargain. Ugh!

• 4 weeks later...

USD inching toward 35. Almost on par with the Euro, who woulda thunk it?

Wonder if it could reach possibly 37 by Christmas? A few YT vloggers putting out vids on the prices of beers in Soi Buokow, Chiapoon, Lengkee areas showing anywhere from 60-90 baht. I could live with that.....easily.

$2 USD or a bit more per bottle!

4 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Wonder if it could reach possibly 37 by Christmas? A few YT vloggers putting out vids on the prices of beers in Soi Buokow, Chiapoon, Lengkee areas showing anywhere from 60-90 baht. I could live with that.....easily.

$2 USD or a bit more per bottle!

The best me and Dad could find was $2.75 way back in 2008 in Tucson, and only during Happy Hour. .I think I’m going to buy a small town bar in the USA and live the dream…..seriously though there are some small businesses that really mop up, but you’d never know it because they act poor and don’t flash their earnings

You down Eric? You can pour the drinks & I’ll “interview” prospective waitresses