What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And after the latest "mini budget" it is hurtling towards the 30s ...Holy fucking shit !!!!

30s might be good after today's moronic budget. Almost bonkers in an inflation .... short term rise then mass inflation rises. Tried before in 1972 in the UK then again by Reagan both ended in disasters.

Bank of England raising interest rates to keep inflation down and government pumping borrowed money into the economy. Madness ........

£ lowest against the $ in 37 years ...... ach well .....

• Great Info 1

Enjoyed my Thai holiday in August, I was getting 46 to the pound but only because a Thai girl in UK was wanting pounds and was transferring baht to my Thai account.

Exchange rate at the time was over 42 which was acceptable but, for anybody going now, rough waters beckon. 

I won't be back before next summer at the earliest, so have a feeling it will go back up again before then.

If I am honest I will probably be more concerned about the strength of the pound to the Euro.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

In Blighty m8 drinking Guinness at 2.99  a pint till the 31st of October....

At J D Wetherspoon:

Living the dream ....... great price for Guinness however be about a tenner now in Extreme Pattaya..

.or is it Amazing these days ???

• Thumbs Up 1