Pattaya Beach Nourishment

john luke

Agreed, at the moment it does look good. Let's hope its maintained in such a way. 

I'm still confused by what they are creating with those black blocks, which, ironically, are being fitted retrospectively . My initial thought was a "conduit" for the power cables, but that's not happening...

3 minutes ago, Painter said:

Agreed, at the moment it does look good. Let's hope its maintained in such a way. 

I'm still confused by what they are creating with those black blocks, which, ironically, are being fitted retrospectively . My initial thought was a "conduit" for the power cables, but that's not happening...

Given the locations at low spots in the footpath I suspect it's their attempt at erosion control. Don't see how that will work, but we shall see with the first big rain.

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Given the locations at low spots in the footpath I suspect it's their attempt at erosion control. Don't see how that will work, but we shall see with the first big rain.

Possibly, but they seem to be fitting more and more of them along the length of the beach, as opposed to the couple of initial sections.

As I have said before, with the sea now never covering a large proportion of the beach, I wonder how that area is going to be kept clean of things like piss. 

I can imagine the headlines in a few years' time - "Pattaya beach deemed a health hazard"! 

4 hours ago, Painter said:

946812519_DSC03522(Copy).thumb.JPG.44055b8036729fc08159d189ee62b824.JPG

A year or two ago, they built a concrete jetty next to the sewage outlet at the far south end of the beach. You can see it in Painter's picture. The reason for it was not apparent until now - it forms the end of the "nourished" beach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john luke said:

20190215-20190215-IMG_0986.jpg

The Beach this morning

20190215-20190215-IMG_0987.jpg

Wow! Looking good. 

How far along are they? 

In December they still had a big part of beach road towards PBG to cover.

Edit: nevermind just saw the pics above. Great job. 

Edited by Esco