What Is Rising In Pattaya

forcebwithu

Got to thinking what they're going to do for parking at the new Arbour Hotel and Residence, so went back today to get some pics of the green (back side) facing Klang.
P8220001.jpg

P8220002.jpg

The lot next door looks like it may be used for parking.
P8220005.jpg

The website also has a link to Automated Parking, but the page is blank. Looking at the above picture and the one blow it looks like the first couple of floors might be a parking garage, and the openings with the rollup doors may be the entry. What is strange in the picture below is they have a ramp built going below grade, but that may be temporary access for moving equipment in, like the big pumps they'll need to pump out flood water.
P8220010.jpg

P8220011.jpg

• Great Info 5

They've completed the driveway on the front side of Arbour Hotel and Residence, so was able to get a pic of the entrance to their automatic car parking system.
P8300013.jpg

P8300010.jpg

Memo to myself, come back and see how well this driveway to the below grade area is working out next time Pattaya floods.
P8300012.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Wonder if the market they're going to after are the Chinese tour groups.

I've heard it is going to be offices for Western Embassies and Consulates.

The main central building is where you will wait for them to come and deal with you individually. Food from around the World will be available along with the World's best wines all free of charge.

Each of the dainty coloured huts are for each ambassador to sit naked whilst you throw custard pies at them for not giving a toss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've heard it is going to be offices for Western Embassies and Consulates.

The main central building is where you will wait for them to come and deal with you individually. Food from around the World will be available along with the World's best wines all free of charge.

Each of the dainty coloured huts are for each ambassador to sit naked whilst you throw custard pies at them for not giving a toss.

That must be potent stuff you're drinking. :default_drink:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SteveBC said:

I admire their optimism, although some may call it stupidity.......

Could not agree more.  One other similar hotel being constructed almost across the road.  New Brighton hotel recently built five minutes or less walk along the road towards Naklua and of course the original Grand Centre Point at Terminal 21 site less than five minutes walk away down Naklua Road.

4 hours ago, john luke said:

Could not agree more.  One other similar hotel being constructed almost across the road.  New Brighton hotel recently built five minutes or less walk along the road towards Naklua and of course the original Grand Centre Point at Terminal 21 site less than five minutes walk away down Naklua Road.

Well i truly wish them well, and hope that the Pattaya area is one day busy enough to fill all the hotel rooms again.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...