Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

Very sorry to hear of your situation mate. Hopefully you rent and not own, and whichever it is that there is insurance in place.

I wish you all the best and that you do not lose to much gear.....

Thanks mate.

I tend not to keep much on the floor and just piled the "good stuff" on my bed and watched the water rise then slowly go away. It got to about 6 inches in my room.

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Bad luck, if you've got any plywood or chipboard furniture that the water's got at then it will have absorbed it and will soon be stuffed. Get a couple of Thais to help you sort out the mess when the water recedes. Flood water usually leaves a lot of mud and other crap behind, we're not used to dealing with this stuff but the Thais do it regularly. Sit back with a cold beer and let the locals handle it.

Yep, I've been through this a few times.

What I have learnt in the past is to wait until the flood water is about half inch deep in your room and receding then work like f**k with a stiff brush sweeping it out the door. Do this a few times then chuck buckets of clean water, with disinfectant in, over the floor then sweep it all out the door. Then mop with clean water.

If you leave it to clear then dry then you really are in the shit. This is the main reason I stayed.

My arms are like jelly at the moment but I have to hose down the patio next and wait for the road to empty before sweeping up outside but that will be late tonight or early tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, I've been through this a few times.

What I have learnt in the past is to wait until the flood water is about half inch deep in your room and receding then work like f**k with a stiff brush sweeping it out the door. Do this a few times then chuck buckets of clean water, with disinfectant in, over the floor then sweep it all out the door. Then mop with clean water.

If you leave it to clear then dry then you really are in the shit. This is the main reason I stayed.

My arms are like jelly at the moment but I have to hose down the patio next and wait for the road to empty before sweeping up outside but that will be late tonight or early tomorrow

Recommend a power washer. Bought the one linked to and it's come in quite handy for washing the bikes and removing the build up of debris on the front gate track.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Recommend a power washer. Bought the one linked to and it's come in quite handy for washing the bikes and removing the build up of debris on the front gate track.

Yep my neighbour has one and is using it now ... whilst I lie on my bed finished (for the moment) My room and patio is only small..The road is still a river and the storm trench is still flooding the general area..and the sun is shining!!

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep my neighbour has one and is using it now ... whilst I lie on my bed finished (for the moment) My room and patio is only small..The road is still a river and the storm trench is still flooding the general area..and the sun is shining!!

Then may I suggest...

House-Lifting-Blog-1-Web.jpg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You've just reminded me ...I used to have one of those high pressure hoses on my farm "In the village" ... but that ended up round at the in-laws along with all my other good stuff..

Mr. Dangleman, i have a small pressure washer here, and you are welcome to make use of it mate if you wish.

I live near highway 36 and the railway road, i'll even bring it to you, well once the Mrs. returns from her work, as she took the car today.

Just PM me with your address and phone number and i'll give you a call to arrange it if needed.

Regards Steve.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Mr. Dangleman, i have a small pressure washer here, and you are welcome to make use of it mate if you wish.

I live near highway 36 and the railway road, i'll even bring it to you, well once the Mrs. returns from her work, as she took the car today.

Just PM me with your address and phone number and i'll give you a call to arrange it if needed.

Regards Steve.

That's very very nice of you mate. A very kind offer. I have now cleaned everything down now as I only have a small place. I'm just waiting for the road to drain in the next couple of hours before sweeping my bit of the road ......

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Bazle said:

It doesn't look good in this video (55 sec mark):

I took pics of the five areas where the sand was washed the away. They're around the soi 13's. In the past the washed away areas were much more numerous and were scattered along the length of Beach Rd. 

The other areas that were prone to washouts are now blocked off from Beach Rd with curbs. So as long as the drains and pumps can keep up with the flooding, they're no longer prone to washing out as in the past.

It is odd that north of Klang they've blocked off the low points with curbs, but they haven't done the same south of Klang for some reason. Perhaps it's because to the south they know the pumps and drains won't be able to keep up with the flooding, so they're purposely left the low points open so the washouts are concentrated in one area.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It is odd that north of Klang they've blocked off the low points with curbs, but they haven't done the same south of Klang for some reason. Perhaps it's because to the south they know the pumps and drains won't be able to keep up with the flooding, so they're purposely left the low points open so the washouts are concentrated in one area.

I suspect that you are correct Force....