Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

Heard it rained the other day…my bigger concern is all the humidity as it hinders the ability for my floors to dry as they are laying the epoxy coats in my condo.  Taking an extra day for each coat to dry fully 😞

5 minutes ago, Painter said:

Dark clouds gathering over the new hotel on buckhou

I passed through there earlier this morning on my 2 hour walk.

All I can say is that it must have been pissing it down then too because by the time I got home it looked like somebody had poured a couple of buckets of water over me !!!!

• Haha 1

There is a storm coming in from the East - so I popped outside with my watering can again before the rain hits!

The neighbours already think I'm bonkers but there is reason in my madness...

I am trying to nurture a newly sprouting tree. The soil is quite hard so I gently water around the base that I had sprinkled fertilizer around so that it has time to soak into the soil before the downpour washes it away.

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

There is a storm coming in from the East - so I popped outside with my watering can again before the rain hits!

The neighbours already think I'm bonkers but there is reason in my madness...

I am trying to nurture a newly sprouting tree. The soil is quite hard so I gently water around the base that I had sprinkled fertilizer around so that it has time to soak into the soil before the downpour washes it away.

What I do is poke a few evenly spaced holes around the tree's drip line. Place the fertilizer in the holes and cover with soil. No worries then about the tree feed washing away.

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What I do is poke a few evenly spaced holes around the tree's drip line. Place the fertilizer in the holes and cover with soil. No worries then about the tree feed washing away.

Yup. I used a fork to aerate it but the cheap charlie fertilizer (20 baht for a plastic bottle) I used still hasn't fully dissolved.. Slowly slowly.

I wouldn't really bother about a "wild" tree but it is next to the one we chopped down and will provide a bit of shade on my outside concrete seat.

On 3/28/2022 at 1:18 AM, Painter said:

Dark clouds gathering over the new hotel on buckhou

20220328_114717.jpg

i wonder how that new place will do once it opens ?

Should give Areca a run for it's money. Used to be you couldn't get a room at Areca without reserving weeks in advance. I reckon that's changed lately, like a lot of other things.

10 minutes ago, fforest said:

Ok.....Tonight is kind of cold.....The date is April 3 2022....

Let me repeat April 3rd.....It should be HOT HOT now.....What's going on??   Weird.. Very unusual.... 

I was speaking to a friend in Korat a few hours ago, and she was complaining about how cold it has been today - 18°C apparently. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Yes, it's freaking cold which is unusual for April. But as this topic is about "raining in Pattaya" I'll make this post OT by stating there's currently a light, COLD, rain falling. :default_coldb:

It goes way way beyond unusual, Its freaking not right....Its January weather in the hottest month of the year...

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I have never seen a cold april in the last 20 years EVER, not even a little bit.... 

It is fucking freezing !!!

I'm wearing socks, my daughter's pajama bottoms, beer chang vest and an old Burton's fleece jacket....

It's nearly 10am...3rd of fucking April ..Thailand not fucking Lapland!!!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It is fucking freezing !!!

I'm wearing socks, my daughter's pajama bottoms, beer chang vest and an old Burton's fleece jacket....

It's nearly 10am...3rd of fucking April ..Thailand not fucking Lapland!!!

I'm layered up too. Might have to wear a fleece layer over my pink racing lycra for my mid-morning bike ride.

• Haha 2