Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Where are you now? It'll be a shitty drive over Khao Yai in this weather... I am sure you and your pick up can handle it but my concern is with other road users!!

Good Luck, mate!!

Thanks mate,we're in Korat,driving down on Monday.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Getting fed up with all the rain everyday here in Korat, in 15 years here i've never known it so bad.

Seems like a normal rainy season to me. Quite different though from drought we endured the last couple of years. A welcome relief to that.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Getting fed up with all the rain everyday here in Korat, in 15 years here i've never known it so bad.

It was raining here in surin pretty much for 4 days its that loud I down loaded a app that measures noise it hit 86db in the  carport 

• Surprised 2

40 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

It was raining here in surin pretty much for 4 days its that loud I down loaded a app that measures noise it hit 86db in the  carport 

I have a db app on my phone and the sad thing is it registered around 86db when I tried it out in Tree Town one evening.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I have a db app on my phone and the sad thing is it registered around 86db when I tried it out in Tree Town one evening.

Perhaps we should meet up and compare apps in various establishments early next week

• Like 2

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Yep. I did the same on my phone app. 80db or over was a regular reading right through Tree Town / Buakhow area.

Crazy stuff - how can that be 'enjoyed'. I just kept going.

my app says over 80db is harmful noise, over 115 db Better leave now

Edited by Zeb

22 hours ago, Nickrock said:

21 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

35 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Yep. I did the same on my phone app. 80db or over was a regular reading right through Tree Town / Buakhow area.

Crazy stuff - how can that be 'enjoyed'. I just kept going.

my app says over 80db is harmful noise, over 115 db Better leave now

How do these apps work....?

Do you set a reference level in your room then compare it to Tree Town or sit in Promanee to set the reference and compare it?

80dBs up from a quiet hotel room would be bad but 80dBs up from Promanee would make your ears bleed!

Or are they measuring dBm..?

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How do these apps work....?

Do you set a reference level in your room then compare it to Tree Town or sit in Promanee to set the reference and compare it?

80dBs up from a quiet hotel room would be bad but 80dBs up from Promanee would make your ears bleed!

Or are they measuring dBm..?

The app uses the phone's microphone to sample the sound coming in and reports back the level in decibels, dB. I use Sound Meter. To keep this OT, I'll have to give it a try next time a thunderboomer rolls through the area.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1