Jump to content

Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)


john luke
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

It has been pissing rain all morning in the deep South ... the first rain we've had for a long time ...

It is raining NOW at this very minute here in the north west.

We had our first rain for 4 months 2 days ago. It was a HUGE thunderstorm with very high winds. Lots of trees brought down and structural damage to local properties particularly to roof tiles. We lost our bathroom skylight and now have a rectangular hole in the bathroom room. You can do a dump and get a tan or watch the stars doing one at night. Given the number of properties with roof damage we will have a wait for the man with a very long ladder! 🙂

Apart from that, and a big clean up yesterday, we are relatively okay and Sai's vegetable garden survived mostly unscathed. A house two down from us lost about a third of its roof.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jambo said:

It is raining NOW at this very minute here in the north west.

We had our first rain for 4 months 2 days ago. It was a HUGE thunderstorm with very high winds. Lots of trees brought down and structural damage to local properties particularly to roof tiles. We lost our bathroom skylight and now have a rectangular hole in the bathroom room. You can do a dump and get a tan or watch the stars doing one at night. Given the number of properties with roof damage we will have a wait for the man with a very long ladder! 🙂

Apart from that, and a big clean up yesterday, we are relatively okay and Sai's vegetable garden survived mostly unscathed. A house two down from us lost about a third of its roof.

A friend of mine living in Sa Kaeo had the same thing two days ago, they were desperate for rain but when it arrived it came with a small typhoon. Trees blown down all around her house, the garden all messed up, and she ended up chasing the chicken coop which the wind was blowing down the road towards Cambodia, lol! I'm not sure what became of the chickens, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

A friend of mine living in Sa Kaeo had the same thing two days ago, they were desperate for rain but when it arrived it came with a small typhoon. Trees blown down all around her house, the garden all messed up, and she ended up chasing the chicken coop which the wind was blowing down the road towards Cambodia, lol! I'm not sure what became of the chickens, though. 

It is called a mesocyclone.

A mesocyclone is a vortex of air, approximately 2 to 10 miles in diameter, within a convective
storm. In a mesocyclone, air rises and rotates around a vertical axis, usually in the same direction
as low pressure systems. They are most often associated with a localised low-pressure region
within a severe thunderstorm.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

It is called a mesocyclone.

A mesocyclone is a vortex of air, approximately 2 to 10 miles in diameter, within a convective
storm. In a mesocyclone, air rises and rotates around a vertical axis, usually in the same direction
as low pressure systems. They are most often associated with a localised low-pressure region
within a severe thunderstorm.

 

You may call it a mesocyclone, but for the Thai women it is and always will be "lom laeng", lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fygjam said:

Yep, that's what the TGF used to say when she farted.

ลมแรง

 

I read yesterday that the we all fart on average at least 7 times per day.

I don't feel so bad now about laying the odd S-B-D from time to time.

Queen Elizabeth probably has some flunky to say "Pardon me" when she lets one rip.😀

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I read yesterday that the we all fart on average at least 7 times per day.

I don't feel so bad now about laying the odd S-B-D from time to time.

Queen Elizabeth probably has some flunky to say "Pardon me" when she lets one rip.😀

when she is travelling in her horse drawn carriage she blames the horses,

or so iam told.

regards

grayray

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I read yesterday that the we all fart on average at least 7 times per day.

I don't feel so bad now about laying the odd S-B-D from time to time.

Queen Elizabeth probably has some flunky to say "Pardon me" when she lets one rip.😀

I think that's the low fibre diet fart rate.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, fygjam said:

It is called a mesocyclone.

A mesocyclone is a vortex of air, approximately 2 to 10 miles in diameter, within a convective
storm. In a mesocyclone, air rises and rotates around a vertical axis, usually in the same direction
as low pressure systems. They are most often associated with a localised low-pressure region
within a severe thunderstorm.

 

Not many people know that! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fygjam said:

It's up there with the knowledge of people buying their first record player with the proceeds of their paper round.

 

At the time I probably had the best paper round in London thanks to my Christmas tips. 

I used to deliver to "The Bishops Avenue" in Hampstead and several equally other very large mansions in Hampstead one of which apparently was a brothel. They used to give me a cup of tea in the winter. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

At the time I probably had the best paper round in London thanks to my Christmas tips. 

I used to deliver to "The Bishops Avenue" in Hampstead and several equally other very large mansions in Hampstead one of which apparently was a brothel. They used to give me a cup of tea in the winter. 🤣

As long as it was a cup of tea and not a tea bag they were giving you, lol!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...