Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

Now how can this possibly miss us? Heading our way at 3:30 Friday afternoon, are we in for a soaking, or will it suddenly hang in a sharp left turn and go up to Bangkok, or just fizzle out before it reaches our side, lol?

Rain 14-8-20.jpg

4:00 PM and still coming straight at us...

Rain2 14-8-20.jpg

And at 4:30...

Rain3 14-8-20.jpg

15 minutes later some light rain but I can see from the Waterfront tower in the distance that there's something a bit heavier to come.

Pouring down now at 5:00, very useful if it keeps this up for an hour or so. The Waterfront has vanished in teh mist (I'll bet Pattaya City Hall wish it would do so permanently, lol) and I can only vaguely make out the shape of the Unixx condo. Lovely jubbly!

Rain4 14-8-20.jpg

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Lantern said:

Well if they keep building more and more condos, and the numbers of folk in Patts getting larger and larger, the water has to run out eventually.

Logic innit.

When have you ever known Thailand to worry about the infrastructure, its all about the money lol

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I has pissed rain off and on for the last 3 days in BKK ..

Pissed down rain yesterday ..

It is beautiful outside now ...

I like it when it rains ... cleans the air ....

I know what you mean but often the humidity level goes up as the heat burns off the dampness after prolonged rain. 

Looking at the radar, I think North Pattaya might have got a drop earlier on, but South Pattaya is still a desert.

After a dry August with only a few showers, September has so far been even drier, in Pattaya at least. Has the rainy season failed yet again?

31 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I know what you mean but often the humidity level goes up as the heat burns off the dampness after prolonged rain. 

Bro ... I don't know ..... just seems to me the air cleans up ...

LOL ... what is humidity ? ..... jeez .. everyday when I walk outside of my flat here in BKK .... I am slapped in the face ....

But, down South on the sea where I live ... I don't get slapped in the face to much ever with humidity ....

For sure, it was a beautiful day here in BKK

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, lazarus said:

Photos from a friend....

120363338_2839390753014569_897768968442549406_n.jpg

120372230_2839390789681232_6140583151596778728_n.jpg

Most of us won't be sorry to see the end of 2020.

Bearing in mind the above pictures - Sydney at sunrise we had a blanket of Bushfire smoke - probably hazard reduction burning as summer approaches