TransferWise - Wise (Threads Merged)

Stillearly

On 3/5/2019 at 7:47 PM, Stillearly said:

Sent a bacs payment to TransferWise on Monday , they had to wait to confirm the  selfie holding the passport .. confirmed this morning money was on its way at just over 42.01 , Bangkok Bank confirmed by text monies received this afternoon... very happy with service 

I tried to use TW today but was unaware they needed photo I'd. Bit of a bummer that plus my bank, Natwest, despite £50 worth of international phone calls to them,are still withholding paying TW. 

The tg also has a TW account and despite making several transactions in the past without any bother today she was asked for verification of photo ID thus holding up a transfer she made on May 1st. She's now been told to expect the money on 14th May! 

Banks eh! 

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I tried to use TW today but was unaware they needed photo I'd. Bit of a bummer that plus my bank, Natwest, despite £50 worth of international phone calls to them,are still withholding paying TW. 

The tg also has a TW account and despite making several transactions in the past without any bother today she was asked for verification of photo ID thus holding up a transfer she made on May 1st. She's now been told to expect the money on 14th May! 

Banks eh! 

I've not used since December. Is this something new for existing customers or only new customers ??   Sounds as if going by whats happened to your TG it looks like everyone

3 hours ago, RR007 said:

I've not used since December. Is this something new for existing customers or only new customers ??   Sounds as if going by whats happened to your TG it looks like everyone

I saw the note regarding photo ID last time but they still let me transfer without. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I had to do a photo when I first set up , it rejected the first one 

1 minute ago, Esco said:

I saw the note regarding photo ID last time but they still let me transfer without. 

I am assuming this was using the mobile app, I didn't see any mention while using the website via my laptop.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, RR007 said:

I've no idea RR but if it's going to take 7 days for the tg to receive her money via the app I think that it's going to take the same amount of time for my money to arrive. 

I'll just have to send sterling via natwest to Bangkok bank and bite the bullet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I've no idea RR but if it's going to take 7 days for the tg to receive her money via the app I think that it's going to take the same amount of time for my money to arrive. 

I'll just have to send sterling via natwest to Bangkok bank and bite the bullet. 

I spoke to my mate who had sent to his wife the previous day with no issues via TW albeit existing client. He said no additional details were required than normal. Its possible you got red flagged for any of a myriad of reasons which could be a random check

He had used main website though

Edited by RR007

38 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

does the money go straight into recipients bank account?

Yep.

You specify the account you're sending it from and the account you're sending it to. Then they tell you to make the transfer in your home currency from your bank to them with a reference number (seems to stay the same for all future transactions). When they receive that they tell you the money is on its way and roughly when it will arrive in your account here that you specified.

Problems I've heard people having involve their UK bank not allowing them to transfer more than their daily ATM withdrawal amount to TW. It seems to work fine with Barclays UK anyway, touch wood.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RR007 said:

I spoke to my mate who had sent to his wife the previous day with no issues via TW albeit existing client. He said no additional details were required than normal. Its possible you got red flagged for any of a myriad of reasons which could be a random check

He had used main website though

Most of the problems seem to be with people using the phone app, I think this is where the picture is required for a second level of security.

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Most of the problems seem to be with people using the phone app, I think this is where the picture is required for a second level of security.

I agree.. When signing up using the app there seems to be no mention of identity verification which lead me to thinking that once I was here in Los it would be a breeze to use. Which it's not, especially when my bank are playing silly buggers despite around £50 worth of phone calls to their fraud team. 3 attempts to them and I still can't use my debit card to do the transaction. 

Anyways... I've done it via natwest bastards and sent sterling to BKK bank otherwise I would be waiting longer than I wanted. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried transferring money very recently using a PC not phone app ? they appear to have changed their process and you can no longer book your rate and pay later, once you book they take you straight to payment and they have now set up a facility for you to pay without leaving the site to go to your bank account. 

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Has anyone tried transferring money very recently using a PC not phone app ? they appear to have changed their process and you can no longer book your rate and pay later, once you book they take you straight to payment and they have now set up a facility for you to pay without leaving the site to go to your bank account. 

I used it from my laptop PC less than a week ago and never noticed any changes.  A dummy booking just now still shows up with the rate being guaranteed for 43 hours.

I've paid for some time direct from my bank account to Transferwise, and I think to lock in the rate you select your bank and method, then at the bottom of the next screen there are three options with the middle one being "I'll transfer my money later".  I usually pay immdiately so no practical experience, but that's what it seems like to me.

Capture.JPG

• Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, KWA said:

I used it from my laptop PC less than a week ago and never noticed any changes.  A dummy booking just now still shows up with the rate being guaranteed for 43 hours.

I've paid for some time direct from my bank account to Transferwise, and I think to lock in the rate you select your bank and method, then at the bottom of the next screen there are three options with the middle one being "I'll transfer my money later".  I usually pay immdiately so no practical experience, but that's what it seems like to me.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for your post. I don't get that anymore, its all changed for me. I now have to pay by selecting a payment method (bank transfer) and it takes me straight to payment and i have to select my bank, input my online banking details and its done, i get no opportunity to "I'll transfer my money later"

How bizarre.....

On 5/8/2019 at 9:21 AM, tommy dee said:

does the money go straight into recipients bank account?

You want my bank details ?? How kind ...

Used it last week via PC no problemos ............. never used the Will Transfer Later bit why would you ???

Don't get this bit unless the £ tanks even more which looks more and more likely.

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

You want my bank details ?? How kind ...

Used it last week via PC no problemos ............. never used the Will Transfer Later bit why would you ???

Don't get this bit unless the £ tanks even more which looks more and more likely.

I do this too, after making the transaction I have to log into my bank account and make a transfer separately. Works fine for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2019 at 12:17 PM, KWA said:

Capture.JPG

You are correct kind Sir, i missed the "online payment option" which takes you to the above. If you leave it in default mode it takes you straight to payment, i can't remember it being like this before otherwise i would have done the same and gone to default.

• 3 months later...