Movies to watch

Toy Boy

On 3/19/2021 at 9:21 AM, Sherlock said:

Slight lie, it comes out at 3 hours and 45 mins! Its certainly different though!

Watched it yesterday although we did stop it at 2 hours to cook food for the family.

Actually enjoyed the movie although the dream sequences at the end were a bit odd and didn't really understand what the joker was going on about.

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Watched it yesterday although we did stop it at 2 hours to cook food for the family.

Actually enjoyed the movie although the dream sequences at the end were a bit odd and didn't really understand what the joker was going on about.

Those scenes leave it very only for a sequel and for other characters to have more of their own standalone movies that will then blend into that dream sequence at the end!!

Did you allow Junior to watch that movie as well?

Edited by Sherlock

10 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Those scenes leave it very only for a sequel and for other characters to have more of their own standalone movies that will then blend into that dream sequence at the end!!

Did you allow Junior to watch that movie as well?

As soon as Kataleya knew Wonder Woman was in the film she wanted to see it, must admit I was happy to see Wonder Woman too lol

She managed about 2 hours before losing interest. I cooked and then watched the last 2 hours after also putting Kataleya to bed.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this one last night, wasn't expecting too much but it's well-filmed and very interesting.

x1080

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5045746/

If you've read the news about Thailand over the years then you'll have come across the stories about slavery on Thai fishing boats and the cruel and inhumane conditions aboard. That's what this film is about, and it's presented well.

I remember back in my Phuket days, I used to sit on Patong Beach and watch the oddly-shaped fishing boats chugging along the horizon. Hard to believe that I was enjoying an ice-cold beer while unfortunates like this might have been sailing past in the distance.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Run of the mill "Alien running amok on spaceship" movie. Nothing special. On Netflix.

I watched another Bruce Willis B-movie a few weeks ago, Cosmic Sin. What a waste, the guy's still got considerable talent and persona, but he's wasting it on all these crappy films he's taking on nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I watched another Bruce Willis B-movie a few weeks ago, Cosmic Sin. What a waste, the guy's still got considerable talent and persona, but he's wasting it on all these crappy films he's taking on nowadays.

De Niro is the same. 

Apparently he is doing it to pay his ex wife's maintenance, will take anything offered. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Watched this lastnight on one of the many Sky Movies channels. Very good movie about a father who goes looking for his dead sons in Gallipoli after WW1.

The_Water_Diviner_poster.jpg

I enjoyed that one too, it's an interesting story and quite intense, old Russel has still got a certain magic.

Here's another recent one of his that I enjoyed, though it's scarcely credible that he could have got away with all that it broad daylight. Still, it might make you think twice in future before flipping the bird at some other inconsiderate road user, lol.

81fUwXmaOOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

c3b7e7439ceaa4dd3defa7d5e5c8f713.jpg

This is the best coming-of-age movie I've seen, as well as the best teen gay sexuality/angst film too! It's amazingly well-cast, even the minor players are perfect for their roles. Well-acted and with a nice story and a gentle lesson about finding yourself, rather than what others want or expect you to be. Amber's blossoming through the movie from a nettle into an Irish rose is also well done. I'm not much of a fan of either genre, to be honest, but this film is so good I can't recommend it too highly.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7886936/

On 4/29/2021 at 8:54 PM, Toy Boy said:

Here's another recent one of his that I enjoyed, though it's scarcely credible that he could have got away with all that it broad daylight. Still, it might make you think twice in future before flipping the bird at some other inconsiderate road user, lol.

81fUwXmaOOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Watched that on the 737 MAX8 back in March. No lie, every time the action ramped up, the plane also shook. Never been so happy for a plane to touch down in my life....

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2021 at 3:55 PM, Toy Boy said:

It is exactly the same as footballers who once played proper footy going to Scotland for a retirement boost by signing for Celtic or Rangers for a season or two.

Jambo 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Golfingboy said:

This came out a few years ago, can see why it had so many Oscars. Really good

768F1282-5840-4862-A564-CF747A4C07E2.jpeg

Thanks for sharing. One of a few films that I've watched from start to finish for a loooong time.

Did you find tne ending disappoiniting?

1 hour ago, karon steve said:

Thanks for sharing. One of a few films that I've watched from start to finish for a loooong time.

Did you find tne ending disappoiniting?

For sure, would have been much more satisfying to have officially found the guilty parties, and served justice

• 3 weeks later...

I watch a lot of documentaries and a week or so ago I saw one of the best ever, "Ocean to Sky", about Sir Edmund Hillary's final major expedition, from the mouth of the Ganges, across the sub-continent and into the Himalayas by jet boat. This was way back in 1977 and the quality of the photography for a documentary of that era is astounding. It's also wonderful to see India and the Gangetic Plain as it was almost half a century ago. The film has quite a dramatic end. and the whole experience of watching it is moving and interesting, educational and uplifting, it's really got a little bit of everything. I can't recommend it too highly.

226849584.jpeg

It scores 8.2 on IMDB, so I'm not alone in having enjoyed this one.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11197384/