Movies to watch

Toy Boy

6 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Just watched Riders of Justice, with Mads Mikkelsen. A Danish movie, but with subtitles. A good movie but with a few unexplained arcs and storylines. A solid 7.5/10 though!

ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzE3NDhmNDFmLWUxYzktNDM4NS05ZjhiLTc3M2E5YzJhZTMwMy5qcGc=.jpeg

Some pretty eccentric characters in that movie. Meant to be nerds I am sure but a good balance to Mads and his very serious demeanour.

Enjoyed it, think Mads is a guy worth watching, he has been in some great movies, liked him in Polar.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Some pretty eccentric characters in that movie. Meant to be nerds I am sure but a good balance to Mads and his very serious demeanour.

Enjoyed it, think Mads is a guy worth watching, he has been in some great movies, liked him in Polar.

Would like to see more European cinema like this movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

A documentary on Yify caught my attention, "Into the Okavango". It's an interesting place and one that's on my bucket list, but I expected the film to be 90 minutes of elephants and deer and birds and so on, which can get a bit tedious. So I was surprised to find that it was actually a film of the first ever journey from the source of the river, deep in the Angolan Highlands, that eventually forms the Okvango delta. I'd read the NG article about it in the magazine a few years back, but the film is so much better and more interesting. If you like adventure or travel documentaries, this is a good one.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7573844/

docfilmswebsite_1080x1600_okavango_3a6c3ca3.jpeg

The Worlds Fastest Indian.

I'm normally into blood / gore type films, but this remains one of my favourites, a true story too.....

I believe most anything featuring Anthony Hopkins is generally very good.

71XLqHx1TkL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by SteveBC
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 9:23 PM, Toy Boy said:

Thanks, I'm grabbing it from Yify as I write!

The book was great. Ive read it several times and it was Clancys first novel that finally told the story of who, what and where this mysterious man came from. John Clark is one bad ass MoFo and a major supporting character in many Clancy novels. But I felt this move ( although good ) fell very short of what the book was all about. The storyline in this movie didnt do the book justice by any means. 

Edited by thumper63

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 12:47 AM, Toy Boy said:

I've watched a couple of decent films lately.

Arctic, starring Mads Mikkelsen, ought to win an Oscar for the least dialogue. It doesn't need it though, as it's a gritty, well-filmed survival drama in the frozen north. It's good to watch all that snow and ice from the safety of the tropics, anyway.

Arctic-Official-Trailer-752x440.jpg

Last night I watched Instant Family, starring Mark Wahlberg. It's hard not to like this movie, even though it probably over-simplifies the whole issue of fostering kids. Absolutely hilarious in the early stages, it has to become a bit more serious as time passes, but it's captivating all the time without being mawkish or overly sentimental. A nice way to spend two hours.

81Mb8J7JwkL._SS500_.jpg

And finally Kursk, a French-Belgian production. Sadly, we all know the ending, but it's gripping finding out how this disaster actually happened. Great effects and photography.

Kursk-mvoie-teaser-poster.jpg?ssl=1

Thanks to you & everyone else for new suggestions.  I pay $150 monthly for my cable package, but still don’t have access to all the movies…so I download the movies listed here using my membership that Larry hooked me up with ip torrants site 😉

9257E1F8-EA3D-4630-918E-F74BDC741909.png

Last night watched Freaky as it’s a group of new free movies on Xfinitity   

Absolute garbage, and that’s from someone who watches lots of marginal/garbage movies. Can’t count the number of terrible Vince Vaughn movies out there, lol   

• 4 weeks later...

I watched this one and really enjoyed it. Wodehouse was a bit before my time, but surely everyone knows of Jeeves and Worster. For some reason, I'd never ever heard of his fall from grace in Britain, am I alone there or are most people unaware of this interesting tale?

From IMDB:

An all-star cast heads up this intimate film about how author, P.G.Wodehouse, came to face a charge of treason during the Second World War and how this quintessential Englishman, creator of Jeeves and Wooster, became an exile from his own country and never set foot on English soil again.

69894ced7687784fbdab40d7d1ec331c8b8d40cf

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't miss this one whatever you do, it's brilliant, "9/11: Inside the President's War Room".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15010478/

Amazingly for a BBC co-production, it's quite positive about the Bush administration in this situation. There's a lot of stuff there that I wasn't aware of, like the threats against Air Force 1, and how lousy their comms and intel were on the day. They even allow Bush a dig at Biden at the end, "It took 20 years for the date to become meaningless to a lot of people."

PRESIDENT_GFX_iPlayer_001_MASTER.png?for

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 3:41 AM, Toy Boy said:

Don't miss this one whatever you do, it's brilliant, "9/11: Inside the President's War Room".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15010478/

Amazingly for a BBC co-production, it's quite positive about the Bush administration in this situation. There's a lot of stuff there that I wasn't aware of, like the threats against Air Force 1, and how lousy their comms and intel were on the day. They even allow Bush a dig at Biden at the end, "It took 20 years for the date to become meaningless to a lot of people."

PRESIDENT_GFX_iPlayer_001_MASTER.png?for

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a watch of this.

Like most of us I can recall the events as they happened, thinking I was watching a trailer for a disaster movie rather than the news, and when the second plane hit, a shiver ran up my spine, then reports came in about the Pentagon and an Airliner down, myself and the guys at work honestly thought we were watching the start of WW3.

We should have been working but the whole place was at a standstill, everybody transfixed on the TV's in the mess rooms.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Butch said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a watch of this.

Like most of us I can recall the events as they happened, thinking I was watching a trailer for a disaster movie rather than the news, and when the second plane hit, a shiver ran up my spine, then reports came in about the Pentagon and an Airliner down, myself and the guys at work honestly thought we were watching the start of WW3.

We should have been working but the whole place was at a standstill, everybody transfixed on the TV's in the mess rooms.

It was one of those extremely rare days when everyone can remember where they were when it happened.

We all stopped working, too, and the internet soon became completely overloaded and useless, so we had to rely on the TV broadcasts to keep us up to date. The company made an announcement at around 3:30 that, in light of the extremely distressing news, we were all free to go home and be with our families. Not for us, though, there was a company-sponsored leaving do at one of the up-market bars in Aberdeen starting at 5:00 and we didn't want to miss it. That was probably the most bizarre leaving do I've ever been to, as the bar had a lot of big screen TVs and they were all showing the news and other programmes which were basically just replays of the carnage and devastation. Skyscrapers collapsing into dust and bodies falling hundreds of feet while we busy eating, drinking and generally being merry. It made me think of a leaving do for Mad Max in Thunderdome, lol.

• Like 1