Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

9 hours ago, SteveBC said:

I know many of you chaps, from reading the above posts in this topic, that you like garlic. Well i'm the opposite and hate the bastard stuff with a passion, the stench and taste i both find most horrible. I'm not allergic to it, i love Thai curries and the paste that most use to make them is maybe 25 / 35% garlic, but you can't taste or smell it as such, no problem. I have no idea how much garlic is in these sausages, but it must be a bloody lot !!

I love garlic and use about 6 roasted cloves with a meal most days. I even got used to eating raw cloves of garlic whilst working in Northern PRC during winter.

BUT!

I detest Isaan sausage. It is up there with Chinese "sea cucumber" and African fufu as things I really don't want to eat.Anytime.Anywhere. It isn't the garlic.It isn't the chillies.It isn't pla rah.There is something in it that makes me want to spit it out. Fucking disgusting things!!!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I like chimichangas, but I avoid as much as possible  deep frying at home.  I haven't had any really bad experiences myself with fires or burns from boiling oil, but I known some who have and it makes me very cautious.

Evil

So...no deep fried turkey in your yard. 👩‍🚒

74a178da-6f1b-4ec4-8981-8feb479610e3-000friedturkey01.jpg

Deep-Fried-Turkey-Accident.jpg

https://www.copelandsatlanta.com/the-dangers-of-deep-frying-a-turkey-at-home/

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Surprised 1

10 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Your food always looks fantastic, I'd wolf that down if I hadn't given up red meat(is duck red?). Would probably pass on the peas though.

Duck and game birds are okay 

red meat is beef, lamb / mutton, pork, veal, venison and goat

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Roast Duck Penang tonight with fried potatoes and peas.

20220127_192534.jpg20220127_193010.jpg

Penang Ped , is one of my favourite dishes in Thailand , first had it at the Baan Rim Pa in Patong in about 94, can remember the whole meal like it was yesterday...

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1