Thai cave boys sign Netflix deal

Krapow

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I wonder if that's 100,000 each....If so, nice payday....Netflix pays huge money for things....So a million dollars is nothing to them...

All of the survivors have been reportedly been paid $100,000 dollars as part of the deal.

Saw this at the theater here in USA, god what a great movie with all real time cameras of everything they all did. 

Truly amazing to see on the big screen. 

I have to say, that if I was a kid at that age and they told me what they were going to have to do to me to get me out, I would have been scared shitless. Those young Thai kids have ice in their veins and same for all of the rescue divers who went in and got them. Saw them when they made an appearance on TV here in USA on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. 

Talk about polite/respectful kids who know they dodged a bullet in life.....they got to go to Universal Studios here too and was great to see them thankful for the people who paid for this so they could go. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Another article on the cave rescue. Just remarkable how they pulled off the rescue with no loss of life.

Soggy pizza and long hours of waiting – four years since the Tham Luang cave rescue

It was truly an amazing rescue for sure. Can't recall there ever being a similar one ever in my life time. The skill and planning involved was off the charts. 

• Like 2

I searched and found The Rescue, The Cave, Cave Rescue, Thai Cave Rescue and Thirteen Lives.

Thirteen Lives is an upcoming film by Ron Howard.

Thai Cave Rescue is on Amazon Prime for rent.

The Rescue is on Disney+.

The Cave is on Hulu.

Cave Rescue is on Apple TV.

I was lucky enough to be in Pattaya while this was happening and followed it closely on local tv. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

How very very sad.

It reminds me of an Isaan girl years ago (decades ago?) that committed suicide in Germany after struggling to keep up after winning a place in a school there. She didn't want to let her parents down.

I think that any school offering education places to non native speaking students should be mandated to provide a 24/7 support system.

Goodness me, adolescence is difficult enough to deal with even without being plonked in a totally alien environment and with no family support.. 

That poor boy was carrying such a weight on his shoulders.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1