Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The Right Stuff has passed. 

Chuck Yeager, pilot who broke the sound barrier, dies at 97

US Air Force officer and test pilot Chuck Yeager, known as "the fastest man alive," has died at the age of 97.

His wife, Victoria, tweeted from Yeager's verified Twitter account on Monday night that the World War II flying ace had died just before 9 p.m. ET.
"An incredible life well lived, America's greatest pilot," she tweeted.

A life well lived RIP 

12 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

R.I.P Paolo

One of the greatest games I ever saw in my life just out of this world. Saw this an hour or so ago and I know

The Pretty Bitch and I will both count our blessings this yearend every year now as Paolo dies aged 64 .......... RIP

Requiescant in Pace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nampla69 said:

One of the greatest games I ever saw in my life just out of this world. Saw this an hour or so ago and I know

The Pretty Bitch and I will both count our blessings this yearend every year now as Paolo dies aged 64 .......... RIP

Requiescant in Pace.

Yep incredible game and a World Cup that lives in the memory.  Some great sides in that competition, very strong French team, that France V Germany final was also something else- still remember vividly Shumacher taking out Battiston.

Those were top sides Paolo took down.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AJSP said:

I remember that as I was into football then plus collected all the Espana 82 coins whilst on holiday with my family. RIP he made that WC for me 

I along with many school mates were obsessed with that World Cup. Everyone was out of school early to watch England's first game against France.

A really iconic figure, shocking to lose him from 82 and Diego 86 in such a short space of time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tiny Lister, a very big man known for playing the bully Deebo in Friday and Zeus in No Holds Barred with Hulk Hogan, gone at 62. Seems he had overcome COVID-19  but it took too much out of him. 

RIP big fella.......2021 please come soon FFS

8783BD72-D674-4EFA-926C-399619C63599.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1