Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

42 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Regular Sunday night viewing , was at its best when it was compo , clegg and foggy

Have to agree. “The return of the warrior” was one of my favourites, when they met Foggy off the bus. 
Brian Wilde (Foggy) died a couple of of weeks ago as well.  
The first 2-3 pilot episodes were on the other day, but weren’t a patch on the later series.  
Now all I see on telly when I turn it on, is some fat twats with pouting, silicone filled lips and tits in some “reality” show, making out with some shaved muscle Mary, in some jungle somewhere. 
load of 💩💩💩 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Michael K. Williams -

This guy was my favorite actor/character (Chaulky White) in the brilliant HBO series - "Boardwalk Empire"

Tragic....   RIP Mike

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/entertainment/michael-k-williams-cause-of-death/index.html

(CNN)Actor Michael K. Williams died from "acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, p-fluorofentanyl, heroin and cocaine," the New York City Medical Examiner's Officer has determined.

His death was deemed to be accidental in nature, a spokesperson for the office said in a statement on Friday.
Williams was found dead in his New York City apartment earlier this month.
    In a 2017 interview with the New York Times, Williams addressed his struggles with substance abuse.
      "Addiction doesn't go away," he said. "It's an everyday struggle for me, but I'm fighting."
        Williams most recently appeared in HBO's "Lovecraft Country" and the series "F Is for Family."
        He rose to stardom for his nuanced and powerful performance as Omar Little in "The Wire." He also received accolades for his work on "Boardwalk Empire," "Bessie" and "The Night Of."
          Williams was next slated to co-star in Sony's George Foreman biopic from George Tillman Jr., who was set to direct.
            News of Williams' sudden death sparked an outpouring of tributes from loved ones, fans, and his friends in entertainment, including at last week's Emmy Awards.
            The ceremony's "In Memoriam" tribute ended with a quote from Williams: "The only way for me to say thank you is by making sure that the foundation that I am standing on is strong enough to support the next person that will stand on these two shoulders."

1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

Alan Lancaster, aged 72 from MS. Original Bass Player with Status Quo, before moving to Australia and playing in The Party Boys and Bomber.

Very sad to hear. Always loved The Quo, the music up until the mid 80's is great, then they lost their way massively. First ever LP I bought myself was this one, got it from Woolworths in Hounslow. Guess I'll stick on an old CD in memory. 

RIP Alan. 

51nqKKlwuwL._AC_.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Very sad to hear. Always loved The Quo, the music up until the mid 80's is great, then they lost their way massively. First ever LP I bought myself was this one, got it from Woolworths in Hounslow. Guess I'll stick on an old CD in memory. 

RIP Alan. 

51nqKKlwuwL._AC_.jpg

I recently discovered that band from a Youtube video that I think was posted in here a while back. Never had heard of them before and I thought they were excellent.

Recently I had remembered the music and wanted to listen to it again, but I forgot the name.

Thanks !

Here it is ----

Edited by Glasseye
            • Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

Very sad to hear. Always loved The Quo,

17 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I recently discovered that band from a Youtube video that I think was posted in here a while back. Never had heard of them before and I thought they were excellent.

Saw em twice in the 80's at Wembley Arena, just brill, always a great night with 7K fans going crazy.

• Thumbs Up 2

😞

one of the earliest programmes I remember watching , didn't realise there were only 13 episodes...

TV presenter Rick Jones, known for his work on the BBC, has died at the age of 84.

Friends and fans have paid tribute to the star, who rose to fame in the 1970s after playing Yoffy on the children’s show Fingerbobs.

Illustrator Garry Vaux wrote on Twitter: ‘I’m very sad to report that Rick Jones, aka Yoffy from Fingerbobs has passed away aged 84. 

‘I initially interviewed him for my book many years ago and we stayed in touch. He was a huge creative spirit, a talented musician and a lover of life. I shall miss him greatly’.

• 2 weeks later...
            19 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Former US secretary of state Colin Powell aged 84,from complications caused by Covid 19.

RIP 

_121126138_gettyimages-1320511930.jpg

Think he had blood cancer which weakened his immune system 

impressive career, shame he will be primarily remembered for the WMD stuff at the UN 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Think he had blood cancer which weakened his immune system 

impressive career, shame he will be primarily remembered for the WMD stuff at the UN 

Former Vietnam vet as well, was wounded there. Was also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom twice. Shame about the WMD stuff but he did say it was something he had to live with even though it was painful for him. 

• Like 1
            • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Former US secretary of state Colin Powell aged 84,from complications caused by Covid 19.

RIP

True American patriot. RIP

. . .

..."He served for 35 years in the military--beginning as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army. Powell was one of the 16,000 military advisors dispatched to South Vietnam by then-President John F. Kennedy in 1962.

He was awarded the Purple Heart, and later that year, the Bronze Star. Powell served a second tour of duty in Vietnam in 1968 to 1969. He was injured in a helicopter crash. Despite his own injuries, he managed to rescue his fellow soldiers from a burning helicopter and was awarded the Soldier’s Medal.

In total he received 11 military decorations, including the Legion of Merit."...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colin-powell-dead-covid-19-former-secretary-of-state?fbclid=IwAR1N9jHbPal6-ev29vAQFk3sW78BlbE3WQ1H5kxLjtRBLFgJFdF3AArLCyw

Edited by lazarus
            • Like 2

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Former Vietnam vet as well, was wounded there. Was also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom twice. Shame about the WMD stuff but he did say it was something he had to live with even though it was painful for him. 

Shame about the hundreds and thousand that died and are still dying...

Due to miss information and topping up certain peoples bank balances........

Edited by Blue Streak
            • Like 4
            • Thumbs Up 1