Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Drudge Report had this "'Charlie Brown' commits suicide..." as the linked text to the voice actor's obit. Think that was in rather poor taste as it was designed as more of a clickbait headline than a respectful announcement of the death of an actor who was battling some serious demons.

‘Charlie Brown’ voice actor dies at 65

Carlsbad native Peter Robbins, the voice actor who brought Charlie Brown to life in the Peanuts cartoons from the 1960s, has died, his family told FOX 5. He was 65.

Robbins’ family said he took his own life last week.

FOX 5’s Phil Blauer was a close friend of the voice actor over the past 25 years. He says he had closely followed the voice actor’s ups and downs, from interviewing him in jail because of criminal threats he made against several people, including San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore, to speaking with him when he was in rehab battling an addiction to drugs and alcohol

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/27/comedian-actor-barry-cryer-dies-aged-86/

Veteran comedy writer and performer Barry Cryer has died aged 86.

During his seven-decade career, Cryer appeared on stage, screen and radio and penned jokes for countless household names.

He had a long-running partnership with Sir David Frost, with their collaborations including The Frost Report on the BBC.

The Leeds-born performer was also a panellist on BBC Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue for more than four decades.

He wrote for legends of British comedy, including Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett, Sir Billy Connolly and Tommy Cooper.

In 2018, he was handed a lifetime achievement award for his comedy career by the British Music Hall Society.

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Painter said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/27/comedian-actor-barry-cryer-dies-aged-86/

Veteran comedy writer and performer Barry Cryer has died aged 86.

During his seven-decade career, Cryer appeared on stage, screen and radio and penned jokes for countless household names.

He had a long-running partnership with Sir David Frost, with their collaborations including The Frost Report on the BBC.

The Leeds-born performer was also a panellist on BBC Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue for more than four decades.

He wrote for legends of British comedy, including Ronnie Barker, Ronnie Corbett, Sir Billy Connolly and Tommy Cooper.

In 2018, he was handed a lifetime achievement award for his comedy career by the British Music Hall Society.

Used to drink in a Wetherspoons near me. Never spoke to him myself, knew several guys who were matey with him  who said he was hysterical. A fantastic story teller, who had time for anyone (within reason).

For someone of his celebrity and talent, came across as totally self-effacing. Now there's a rarity.

R.I.P Mr Cryer.

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

Howard Hesseman has passed at 81. I knew him from Head of the Class, but older BM, especially from North America, will remember him from WKRP in Cincinnati 

23C980F3-22B4-4229-9570-C3637933C46E.jpeg

We used to get WKRP in U.K. as well , although I only really remember Loni Anderson from that show ...

41 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Seriously though, I was too young for WKRP but Head of the Class was great. Had Tyson’s ex-wife on it too, plus Howard…….good show

Actually.... back during that time I was busy doing beer bongs and chasing college pussy. Watched very little T.V.

A few years before that when I first learned to spank the monkey.... it was after watching Gillian's Island. I could never decide who I wanted to f**k more, Marianne or Ginger. In the end I think Marianne won out. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Bamber Gascoigne dead at 87.

Anyone remember the quiz show " University Challenge".? 

Brainy buggers those uni students! 

Remember the show well. My brother-in-law at the time and I used to compete to see who could get the most correct answers. We never got into double figures and sometimes it was a goalless draw . . . ☹️

He was a nice guy. Rest in Peace Bamber.

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Bamber Gascoigne dead at 87.

Anyone remember the quiz show " University Challenge".? 

Brainy buggers those uni students! 

Still watch the show with Paxman 

And it still feels good to get the odd question correct 🙂 

"Starter for ten , no conferring "

RIP Bambi 

• Like 3