Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

On 5/8/2022 at 5:26 PM, galenkia said:

Actor Dennis Waterman has died aged 74.

Loved him in Minder, classic program.

RIP

_124641109_shutterstock_editorial_149038f.jpg

I once played football against the Show Biz X1  in a charity football match when Dennis Waterman was playing. We hosted the day at our ground in Finchley. 

He seemed like a real good guy and like others enjoyed everything he appeared in on TV.

I don't recall Ruia being present as I am sure I would have remembered.

• Like 3

Andrew Symonds dies in car crash

Former Australian cricket star Andrew Symonds has died in a car accident.

Police released a statement saying they were investigating a fatal single-vehicle crash in Hervey Range, around 50 kilometres from Townsville, last night.

Police and cricket sources confirmed the former international cricketer had died. He was 46.

“Early information indicates, shortly after 11pm the car was being driven on Hervey Range Road, near Alice River Bridge when it left the roadway and rolled,” the statement read.

“Emergency services attempted to revive the 46-year-old driver and sole occupant, however, he died of his injuries.

“The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/andrew-symonds-dies-in-car-crash-20220515-p5alf4.html

RIP - another one gone far too soon.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Andrew Symonds dies in car crash

Former Australian cricket star Andrew Symonds has died in a car accident.

Police released a statement saying they were investigating a fatal single-vehicle crash in Hervey Range, around 50 kilometres from Townsville, last night.

Police and cricket sources confirmed the former international cricketer had died. He was 46.

“Early information indicates, shortly after 11pm the car was being driven on Hervey Range Road, near Alice River Bridge when it left the roadway and rolled,” the statement read.

“Emergency services attempted to revive the 46-year-old driver and sole occupant, however, he died of his injuries.

“The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/andrew-symonds-dies-in-car-crash-20220515-p5alf4.html

RIP - another one gone far too soon.

Sad to hear. Good cricketer was Andrew.

Aussie cricket has suffered some big losses recently.46 way too young.

RIP Andrew.

• Sad 3

43 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Sad to hear. Good cricketer was Andrew.

Aussie cricket has suffered some big losses recently.46 way too young.

RIP Andrew.

Shane Warne and Rod Marsh and now Andrew Symonds - unbelievable and sad. I saw Symonds play a few Test and One Dayers  - he was a throwback to the 'lets have a beer and some fun' days of the 60/70s Australian Cricket. RIP. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Shane Warne and Rod Marsh and now Andrew Symonds - unbelievable and sad. I saw Symonds play a few Test and One Dayers  - he was a throwback to the 'lets have a beer and some fun' days of the 60/70s Australian Cricket. RIP. 

Don’t watch cricket being from 🇨🇦, but seeing this caption gave me shivers. These 2 I’m assuming knew each other well, Shane passes at 53, Andrew attends his funeral, then gone himself at 46 soon after? 

Life is not fair…..

559EC96C-FDC6-4583-A325-4789B9877C0A.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Superb white ball cricketer. Always enjoyed watching him.

• Like 2

Martin Kierce, the Aussie owner of the Robin Hood Pub in Jomtien, has passed away suddenly - RIP Martin, I was in the pub often on my last couple of trips and was looking forward to seeing him and his crew again on my next trip...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, forqalso said:

I was hoping I read it wrong……goddamn! Even though the real Henry Hill was actually little more than a junkie and small time thief, Goodfellas is one of my favourite films, seen it at least 30 times. He had played on NBC recently opposite JLo as a closeted gay corrupt cop, think it lasted 3 seasons. Seriously I’m gutted, 67 way too young nowadays. Damn

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I was hoping I read it wrong……goddamn! Even though the real Henry Hill was actually little more than a junkie and small time thief, Goodfellas is one of my favourite films, seen it at least 30 times. He had played on NBC recently opposite JLo as a closeted gay corrupt cop, think it lasted 3 seasons. Seriously I’m gutted, 67 way too young nowadays. Damn

Yeah unreal that one...

I'd say Goodfellas is one of my all times too.

Can't believe it was 32 years old just unreal how fast time goes.

RIP Ray

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, roomark said:

Yeah unreal that one...

I'd say Goodfellas is one of my all times too.

Can't believe it was 32 years old just unreal how fast time goes.

RIP Ray

Saturday night was for the wives, but Friday was for the girlfriends…..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

God, that's a real shock.

Like you boys, Goodfellas still one of my favourite movies of all time. Him and Joe Pesci were brilliant.

Ray was the same age as me ffs. Really makes you think . . 

At least he died in his sleep. Great way to go.

Rest in peace Ray.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Britboy said:

God, that's a real shock.

Like you boys, Goodfellas still one of my favourite movies of all time. Him and Joe Pesci were brilliant.

Ray was the same age as me ffs. Really makes you think . . 

At least he died in his sleep. Great way to go.

Rest in peace Ray.

Goodfellas is of course the obvious one, but I forgot how many decent roles he played in, that I watched over the years. Never saw Something Wild or Field of Dreams, but he was Depp’s poor Dad in Blow, and just now was in Many Saints of Newark too. There was a crazy island prison flick, forgot the name….Killing me Softly, Narc, Smokin’ Aces, Identity, John Q….. 

Sure he was in plenty of flops, but definitely a great actor of the past 3 decades

• Thumbs Up 2

My best friend whom I had seen every "Yes" tour with since 1974, told me Alan White passed away this afternoon. 

Guy was great over all those years with "Yes"  Nice guy too, having met him 3 different times, last time was 2019 here locally. Answered all of your questions. Distinctly remember asking him back in 2004, how he does it night after night? He told me " The hardest part is after the sound check, you eat, then you realize how tired you are as we pretty much come into that particular city, get checked in at the hotel, then come over to the gig" 

RIP Alan White...

https://yesworld.com/

DSCN9790.JPG

Yes.2jpg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

So many famous people passing away that had an impact on my life - many of them same/younger in age as myself - including people I have met.  I hate getting older and watching them fall away - but life goes on. 

Edited by AussieBob
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

So many famous people passing away that had an impact on my life - many of them same/younger in age as myself - including people I have met.  I hate getting older and watching them fall away - but life goes on. 

And yet the Rolling Stones are still at it at almost 80 years old except for  Charlie Watts....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

And yet the Rolling Stones are still at it at almost 80 years old except for  Charlie Watts....

Yep - nothing can kill Keith Richards - unbelievable that after so many drugs he is still alive - maybe that is what is keeping him alive.