What are you reading?

Al McReady

6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Unpacked and used my new BP cuff for the first time. BP still a bit high at 132/86, but much better than before now that I'm on BP meds. Happy to see my resting heart rate is still low at 56.

Edited to add: Cuff I bough is the Omron HEM-7156.

Interesting.

I have something to say on this subject but will wait until I have had my second jab ... I think you may be shocked ...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Interesting.

I have something to say on this subject but will wait until I have had my second jab ... I think you may be shocked ...

It's because of the high BP reading 180/103 that I had before my first shot I decided it was time to do something about my high BP.

43 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It's because of the high BP reading 180/103 that I had before my first shot I decided it was time to do something about my high BP.

OK, I'll tell you mine then...I was worried that a lurker might read it and report it.(There are some weirdos out there)

Mine was 192 ...... I had been drinking heavily for about a week before the jab. I'm back to 140 now and keeping clean until next Tuesday .. and beyond.

• Surprised 1

On 8/31/2021 at 11:32 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'm reading the instructions on my new hand clippers that I bought at the market yesterday.

Each clipper fitting has a range of 3mm (ie 3mm to 6mm) luckily I only intend you use it for armpits and around my dangleberries. It's still on charge at the moment. Can't wait to try it out !!

🚑🏥

Be very careful when having a "trim" downstairs. My ballsack looked like it was undergoing death by 1000 cuts last time I tried it.

Anyway, picked this up from waterstones, quite funny and interesting look at what can only be described as a very tough life under the sea...

The Navy have some very peculiar traditions. My Grandad was on the Subs during WW2 (well, until the end of 1939) he then went onshore and always said if he never saw the inside of a Sub again it would be too soon lol.

9780008313074.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, forcebwithu said:

Unpacked and used my new BP cuff for the first time. BP still a bit high at 132/86, but much better than before now that I'm on BP meds. Happy to see my resting heart rate is still low at 56.

Edited to add: Cuff I bough is the Omron HEM-7156.

After being on meds for 18 years or so, my doctor told me to stop taking them 1 year ago. At the hospital my BP was 113/71 with a pulse rate of 68. I've also been off the meds for cholesterol for 6 months and a few weeks ago, my cholesterol was 150 ( maximum recommended is 200 )

Alan

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, fifelad55 said:

After being on meds for 18 years or so, my doctor told me to stop taking them 1 year ago. At the hospital my BP was 113/71 with a pulse rate of 68. I've also been off the meds for cholesterol for 6 months and a few weeks ago, my cholesterol was 150 ( maximum recommended is 200 )

Alan

What is your BP now with no meds?

Reading some sound strategy for the high rollers on here who travel business class. septuagenarian Aunt Agatha trying to cover the cost of flying first class with boozing in the lounge and on the plane.

“ Steward another glass of champagne and another vodka.”

“We are just descending Ma’am.”

“The more reason for you to hurry, young man. “

Classic, I’d suspect Greene wrote at least 12 better books than Travels with my Aunt. Some classic holiday reading if I ever get out again.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, boydeste said:

Ah sorry, my bad, I thought that was with meds.

Yes, thats awesome.

Yes that's after 1 year off the meds plus I have also been the cholesterol meds for 60 months. Last time it was 150. the lowest it's been for a long time

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...