What are you reading?

Al McReady

On 1/27/2019 at 6:11 AM, galenkia said:

Thing is Kennedy was also hit from an angle that could not have been from the book depository but the grassy knoll.

Pretty much all those involved or witnessed it are dead now and we will never know the truth as the files will never be released.

I've seen so many documentaries and film clips of this, and I truly believe that you can see Kennedy's head  snap in two different directions as the shots hit him, so how could they both have come from Oswald's gun? And what about Jack Ruby gunning him down later - pure revenge or malice, or damage control? I am not normally a  conspiracy buff, but the whole Kennedy assassination thing stinks to high heaven and always has,  and one can only hope that somebody involved - and there are few left now - will come clean on their deathbed and settle it once and for all. 

• Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished Bruce Dickinson's autobiography.I'm not an Iron Maiden fan but it is a good read.Heavy metal lead singer & airline pilot,also flies his own WWI replica Fokker Triplane at airshows.Some guys just have too much talent!....Also survived a serious bout of cancer.

12 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've just finished Bruce Dickinson's autobiography.I'm not an Iron Maiden fan but it is a good read.Heavy metal lead singer & airline pilot,also flies his own WWI replica Fokker Triplane at airshows.Some guys just have too much talent!....Also survived a serious bout of cancer.

Read that as well.

If you like music autobiography's then give Ronnie Wood's a read,that is excellent.

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Read that as well.

If you like music autobiography's then give Ronnie Wood's a read,that is excellent.

I'll look out for that,I've read Bill Wyman's,albeit a long time ago,Keith Richard's,Roger Daltrey's & Tony Iommi's.All were really good.

51NK0o2QcKL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I picked this up dirt cheap from Amazon. I'm only about a quarter of the way through. I don't want to put it down, I'm enjoying it so much. Nick Kent was a music journo for the New Musical Express in the 70s. Among other highlights are meeting the Stones at an early gig in Sophia Gardens it Cardiff, seeing Iggy Pop in London in 1972, touring with Led Zep and interviewing David Bowie. I know he was involved with Punk too and I think he got attacked by Sid Vicious with a bike chain, but I haven't got to that bit yet.

Nick Kent is also a brilliant writer. I've already ordered another of his work, The Dark Stuff, which a collection of stuff written by him.

On 1/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, Thai Spice said:

So, after having heard a lot about what is in this book or not, and how it can be interpreted, and having plenty time available now I decided to see by myself.

20190112_125100-768x1024.thumb.jpg.589e8588f87eaa75fe2de3133b881243.jpg

Needless to tell you that in a Balinese bookshop, a Balinese cashier, and a few Aussies near the cashier, you get a few strange looks....

PS : Please note it is rated as a bestseller .........

nothing wrong with gaining greater understanding,,,i applaud you and respectfully  suggest others should aquaint themselves withe "the word" ...tremendously self educational 

If you dont understand ,how can you attempt to bridge the gap

did it myself a few years back...reliant on English translation of course..hope it was "kosher"  😉

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 6:49 AM, Shaksey said:

Yesterday, I received this, 1956, First Edition, near mint (excuse reflections on cellophane wrap), chuffed to bits 😎

IMG_20190315_160614.jpg

This must be the same Jack Reynolds who wrote Woman of Bangkok. If so, I didn't know that he'd written other books. Please tell us more about this book.