What are you reading?

Al McReady

Been reading some factual books - started these two several months ago, then lost interest and need to pick back up again 

I’M quite a ‘low brow’ reader “lol

2EE68E8C-49F2-4E28-86A1-64C5707C37BA.png

6B38602E-5EBA-472C-B9C2-2E2756CD3B03.png

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:48 PM, Lemondropkid said:

4th out of 5 in the Conqueror series- the most enjoyable so far. Ripping through this. They do need to be read in order, as they run chronologically through the Genghis Khan dynasty.

image.png

Started on book 1. A good read so far. Thanks for the recommendation on the series.
913PKJTGjrL.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Started on book 1. A good read so far. Thanks for the recommendation on the series.
913PKJTGjrL.jpg

Pleased you are enjoying, they are a great entertaining read.I split books into three categories.

Firstly the ones that go straight back to the charity shop. Second are the ones I'd recommend, and lend to a mate I'd think would enjoy, but ulitmately happy to give away/donate to charity. The third rarer beast are kept in my permenant collection😄

I'd put the Genghis novels in the second section.

The only "new" author for me this year that has gone straight to the giddy heights of me keeping the books is Joe Abercrombie (see below). As I recall you enjoy fantasty, apologies if you was you that recommended him, but the Age of Madness series are brilliant.

1 minute ago, Lemondropkid said:

Pleased you are enjoying, they are a great entertaining read.I split books into three categories.

Firstly the ones that go straight back to the charity shop. Second are the ones I'd recommend, and lend to a mate I'd think would enjoy, but ulitmately happy to give away/donate to charity. The third rarer beast are kept in my permenant collection😄

I'd put the Genghis novels in the second section.

The only "new" author for me this year that has gone straight to the giddy heights of me keeping the books is Joe Abercrombie (see below). As I recall you enjoy fantasty, apologies if you was you that recommended him, but the Age of Madness series are brilliant.

Wasn't me that recommended Abercrombie. My tastes run towards sci-fi, although when I was a lot younger I thoroughly enjoyed reading Wheel Of Time books as they were published.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having just finished one book and not wanting to start a large book I picked this one out of my bookcase. It was printed in 1961 and I reckon I've had it for 45 years. Still in good condition and still a very funny read about how to get about in London.

515tpRcjjlL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I'll have to check this one out as I really enjoyed the movie...

I've not seen the whole movie so can't comment on how it compares. Have seen clips of it, both Emma Thompson and Anthony Hopkins are perfect for the roles based on the book.

Edited by Lemondropkid