What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I am a real ale drinker, so I feel your pain.

Beer Lao dark is the nearest to a decent drink out here for me.

When i was in the UK real ale was always my drink of choice too.

i agree that Lao Dark is pretty good, but not many bars stock it, especially here up country. So Singha is my normal drink, it has a good bit of hoppy flavour to it.

Singha Light, although popular with many, is not for me.

Edited by SteveBC
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 3

Got 48 of these on Amazon for £32 inc delivery and tried a couple of cans tonight. 
A squeeze of fresh lime in each made a passable drink to go with my dinner of beef stew and rib sticker dumplings.
Makes a nice change from Merlot. 🤗

95D052F0-C786-4FCC-AA08-981926F498BD.jpeg

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2022 at 1:16 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just skulled a bottle of Sato for breakfast ... nothing unusual really...except that I took the bottle top off using the cat's arse ....little fecker .. 

Oh, there’s me thinking that the cats ass was for sharpening pencils. 
No wonder she prefers to sit on my wife’s lap. 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

Oh, there’s me thinking that the cats ass was for sharpening pencils. 
No wonder she prefers to sit on my wife’s lap. 🤣

Yep! Pencil sharpening is for their early years. They then progress through their bottle opening years until they reach their penile penetration years. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Got 48 of these on Amazon for £32 inc delivery and tried a couple of cans tonight. 
A squeeze of fresh lime in each made a passable drink to go with my dinner of beef stew and rib sticker dumplings.
Makes a nice change from Merlot. 🤗

95D052F0-C786-4FCC-AA08-981926F498BD.jpeg

These are alright, but the Peroni Libera is my favourite. That's a nice one for alcohol free, and quite freely available in the pubs/concert venues I've been in since opening up again. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

@KhunDon @galenkia After a round of golf about 20 years ago, I chose to order an O’douls without knowing the “content”. One sip, that was it, the waitress was kind enough to bring me something else. Just my opinion, but one has to really love the taste of beer, to drink a non-alcohol version. 

You'll find they have improved a lot now. I know what you mean though, they were fucking awful back then, but they are now one of the fastest increasing selling 'drinks' according to the UK supermarkets. 

Young people especially seem to be turning away from alcohol these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

@KhunDon @galenkia After a round of golf about 20 years ago, I chose to order an O’douls without knowing the “content”. One sip, that was it, the waitress was kind enough to bring me something else. Just my opinion, but one has to really love the taste of beer, to drink a non-alcohol version. 

I like beer, but unfortunately being a diabetic, it doesn’t

like me. 😟

As Galenkia has mentioned, in the last 20 years non alcoholic beers have improved a lot and now, for me at least, are a passable alternative that I can enjoy in my dotage. 🤗

Edited by KhunDon
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I was at Leopardstown racecourse in Dublin about 15 year back for an auction.

Would have been to the races stacks of times there but the auction was some antique furniture being sold as part of my late Aunt's estate. I was in Ireland so went along out of curiosity.

It was as boring as hell waiting for my Aunt's lots to come up, and I noticed there was a bar at the back, so thought I'd grab a beer.

Was struggling to see one but noticed there was Beck's in the fridge. Ordered it and the bar maid was whispering something to me as though something was wrong.

For the life of me I couldn't hear a word of what she was saying, even after asking her to repeat. Then just as the auction went silent, she bellowed out in a thick Dublin accent, "Sur, you does realise there's no alcohol in it!" 😳

Becks Blue!!!

• Haha 3

I'm primarily a beer drinker and like to drink quite a drop of the hoppy stuff. Sadly, as I get older and fatter, I find I need to either seriously cut down the volume I imbibe or else drink a beer with less alcohol and calories in it. The original Singha Light at 3.5% alcohol was perfect, but the ninnies decided that it was too weak to be interest to "real Thai men", increased the ABV to 4.5% and changed the taste. Since that, I've stuck to Tiger light, which has 4.1% alcohol and also fewer calories, but now the ninnies seem to have stopped brewing that one in Thailand, too. Those dang "real Thai men" again, I guess, lol. I then discovered that San Miguel have started brewing San Miguel Zero here. It's actually 3% alcohol content, the Zero in the name refers to it having zero carbohydrates, so at just 60 calories a bottle it's about as diet-friendly as an alcoholic beer can be. The problem, is that the damn stuff is almost impossible to find. I've scoured the supermarkets and booze wholesalers but so far have only seen it in Big C at 41 Baht a bottle and in the occasional 7-eleven at 38 Baht. Only very limited amounts available, though, and no cases or crates of it. It's not one for the Leo lovers as it's a very dry beer, I like to think of it as crisp and clean, not at all unpleasant but if you want a sugar fix then this one isn't for you. I'm sure it's not one for the "real Thai men", either, so I don't know how long it will be on the market. If you fancy a light beer both in terms of alcohol and calories, give this one a go. And if you happen to see anywhere selling it by the case or box, please do let me know.

IMG20220306115011.jpg

• Like 2