What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

7 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I'm primarily a beer drinker and like to drink quite a drop of the hoppy stuff. Sadly, as I get older and fatter, I find I need to either seriously cut down the volume I imbibe or else drink a beer with less alcohol and calories in it. The original Singha Light at 3.5% alcohol was perfect, but the ninnies decided that it was too weak to be interest to "real Thai men", increased the ABV to 4.5% and changed the taste. Since that, I've stuck to Tiger light, which has 4.1% alcohol and also fewer calories, but now the ninnies seem to have stopped brewing that one in Thailand, too. Those dang "real Thai men" again, I guess, lol. I then discovered that San Miguel have started brewing San Miguel Zero here. It's actually 3% alcohol content, the Zero in the name refers to it having zero carbohydrates, so at just 60 calories a bottle it's about as diet-friendly as an alcoholic beer can be. The problem, is that the damn stuff is almost impossible to find. I've scoured the supermarkets and booze wholesalers but so far have only seen it in Big C at 41 Baht a bottle and in the occasional 7-eleven at 38 Baht. Only very limited amounts available, though, and no cases or crates of it. It's not one for the Leo lovers as it's a very dry beer, I like to think of it as crisp and clean, not at all unpleasant but if you want a sugar fix then this one isn't for you. I'm sure it's not one for the "real Thai men", either, so I don't know how long it will be on the market. If you fancy a light beer both in terms of alcohol and calories, give this one a go. And if you happen to see anywhere selling it by the case or box, please do let me know.

IMG20220306115011.jpg

I was drinking it on a dry day in bkk because the staff thought it was alcohol free.:default_fun:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, galenkia said:

3% is alcohol free in my eyes anyway.🤣

When I was a lad, 3% was fairly standard, how times have changed. I remember Diamond White coming out, we called it leg opener, 9% I think it was, the girls loved it and so did the guys later! 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

When I was a lad, 3% was fairly standard, how times have changed. I remember Diamond White coming out, we called it leg opener, 9% I think it was, the girls loved it and so did the guys later! 

The breakfast of Champions. 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Growing up in Montreal, there were a few local brews of 8-9%. It’s too much for beer, you can really taste the sugar. I remember the Guinness Book stating the record was 14.9% for an Icelandic brew I think…WTF! 

Strongest one I drink is 6.1%, Labatt Blue Dry,  but I barely see it in stock anymore, and it’s not due to supply chain issues.  I’ve  always found it very drinkable

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Growing up in Montreal, there were a few local brews of 8-9%. It’s too much for beer, you can really taste the sugar. I remember the Guinness Book stating the record was 14.9% for an Icelandic brew I think…WTF! 

Strongest one I drink is 6.1%, Labatt Blue Dry,  but I barely see it in stock anymore, and it’s not due to supply chain issues.  I’ve  always found it very drinkable

High % beers are too sickly for me as you say, but Diamond White was a white cider that wasn't overly sweet and was very easy to drink. I think they lowered the percentage because so many were getting drunk on it.

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

High % beers are too sickly for me as you say, but Diamond White was a white cider that wasn't overly sweet and was very easy to drink. I think they lowered the percentage because so many were getting drunk on it.

Brutal shit Diamond White I think it was 7.5% in the pubs on sale. Small green bottle . They also did the Diamond Blush .

Remember bottles of Castaway mixed with Diamond White and everyone called them Blastaways 🙈

Would have been around early 90s when Diamond White first made an appearance still have some pics of us all drinking them.

Edit : Found an old pic online seems it was 8.2% even stronger than I remember 😆🤣

Screenshot_20220312-045635_Chrome.jpg

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Cheltenham Festival punters pay £7 for pint of Guinness on St Patrick's Day

Surprised but probably not that surprised. I'd have guessed at £6, £7 is pure greed. 

Sadly with Cheltenham racecourse it's most definitely Money Number 1. I stopped going when it changed from a 3 day festival to a 4.

Figured out that when I added in  admission, accommodation, transport, drinks, food and the possibility I might have a 4 day betting nightmare, decided enough was enough. Costing out the worst case scenario figured out I could be taking a long overseas holiday instead.

Cancelled my racecourse membership( like a season ticket), and booked a holiday to Sri Lanka. Year after went to Thailand, been downhill ever since😁

Now the greedy f***kers are discussing making it a 5 day festival.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1