The Race to the Bottom is ongoing

john luke

19 minutes ago, fforest said:

Not a bad deal from the beer hub considering Indian food In Pattaya is not cheap...

One of my Rants about Indian food is with the Indian names of said Indian food.....I have no friggin Idea what most of those names mean....But hey at least I know a little.....I will bet 98-99% of the farangs in Pattaya have pretty much zero idea what those names mean......This is a real problem for Indian restaurants that are located in another country out side of India.... 

If you don't know what something is look it up .... not exactly rocket science 

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

asking the restaurant staff is another option

Language is potentially the problem.  As you probably know I fly KLM quite often and have difficulty getting a straight answer to the question, ‘Is it spicy?’

Responses like not really are the norm.  I then have to ask is it spicy at  all or not spicy, before I get a proper answer.  And they speak English.

3 minutes ago, john luke said:

Language is potentially the problem.  As you probably know I fly KLM quite often and have difficulty getting a straight answer to the question, ‘Is it spicy?’

Responses like not really are the norm.  I then have to ask is it spicy at  all or not spicy, before I get a proper answer.  And they speak English.

Don't think I've ever had anything that spicy on an airplane , they have to cater for so many tastes , even the Thai food on Asian Airlines I've used ( Eva / Thai ) is scaled back 

13 hours ago, fforest said:

Not a bad deal from the beer hub considering Indian food In Pattaya is not cheap...

Proper Indian food is not "cheap" anywhere because the cost of the spices used in the preparation.

I doubt very much that the Beer Hub has an Indian chef preparing freshly made Indian meals but it does have a microwave. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I doubt very much that the Beer Hub has an Indian chef preparing freshly made Indian meals but it does have a microwave. 

I think you are probably doing them an injustice. 

The very friendly Indian owner makes a point of saying all his food is freshly prepared. 

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I think bottom feeders will always find somewhere cheaper to eat that will make them survive, they actually survive on very little.

Middle feeders will still go if they really want to because they can still probably afford it but will moan like crazy.  Top feeders may only notice the difference in the numbers around them.

Elite feeders just live in the outskirts, rarely hit town with the normal people and take their holidays outside of Thailand. 

There are still many Europeans who haven't really noticed such a decline as the Brits.

Senders also may start to budget.

On my last trip i really enjoyed the frozen meals from 7/11,  exceptional value and service..great value. I also treated a bg to a pizza slice 

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Proper Indian food is not "cheap" anywhere because the cost of the spices used in the preparation.

With all the Indians coming into Pattaya I expect maybe one or two of them have some spices in their suitcases.

5 minutes ago, Washedup said:

On my last trip i really enjoyed the frozen meals from 7/11,  exceptional value and service..great value. I also treated a bg to a pizza slice 

Having the ability to buy a top class meal or ingredients for cooking doesn't stop me from buying those frozen meals, great for a snack when feeling peckish, easy to prepare and enough for the snack. I used to buy loads of Phad Krapow meals. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Washedup said:

Good job Sir....Treating a girl to a pizza slice is well beyond the call of duty......

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

Good job Sir....Treating a girl to a pizza slice is well beyond the call of duty......

Just the once..she asked for a tip, she seemed a somewhat taken back when i gave her the pizza slice..

47 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Magners is a very nice cider, what do you mean by your comments John?

Showing my ignorance about a cider manufacturer it seems.  (Never drink the stuff!). Oops.  We all get it wrong sometimes.  Many sincere thanks for bringing this to my attention.🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Washedup said:

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Having the ability to buy a top class meal or ingredients for cooking doesn't stop me from buying those frozen meals, great for a snack when feeling peckish, easy to prepare and enough for the snack. I used to buy loads of Phad Krapow meals. 

As has been said the cheese and ham toasties are brill, Penang's not bad either. 

15 hours ago, john luke said:

Showing my ignorance about a cider manufacturer it seems.  (Never drink the stuff!). Oops.  We all get it wrong sometimes.  Many sincere thanks for bringing this to my attention.🙂

Hi John,

If you have never drunk cider I would suggest that you start of with a few cans of cider each mixed with half a pint of lager in a pint glass. Known as snake bite when I lived in Birmingham.

Don't drive home. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi John,

If you have never drunk cider I would suggest that you start of with a few cans of cider each mixed with half a pint of lager in a pint glass. Known as snake bite when I lived in Birmingham.

Don't drive home. [emoji14]

Yes, a snake bite. A real Brummie girls drink. :)