What do ya think of this guys ?

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

or the way backwards according to how you feel, you must excuse my SOH, i can't help meself lol

I'm not normally a fan and would like the good old days without   , but where language is an issue , Smartphones have helped me huge amounts 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can difficulty see me chatting up a woman, me speaking in my smart device, she in hers....

Takes a bit of the romance away ? 

And if it is just to ask "how much" I am pretty sure it will be inderstood in every country !

Besides that I would worry about what the bloody thing REALLY translates !

23 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm not normally a fan and would like the good old days without   , but where language is an issue , Smartphones have helped me huge amounts 

I understand entirely but i gotta wife who speaks Thai and she loves being with me, taking care and all that but on the occasions when she's not i thought it might be a great idea if it works efficiently and i DETEST whats happening to society due to S/P's, just sayin like......

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

It should simply be compulsory for all Jonny foreigners to speak English. :default_gathering:

Problem solved.

.... and if they don't understand just shout ..... that is what made the Empire great. 

Bloody foreigners we go over to their country and they want to speak their own foreign language how dare they. :default_1087: 

Where's that Nigel Farage or that Tommy double barrelled Robinson bloke when ya need them .... :default_fishing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Prolly a good chance it is really shit with Thai language.... like all of these gadgets are.

and thats exactly what i was thinking, i'll guarantee ya won't be able to return it when you discover how useless it is, but what a great idea for us human beings who still believe in social interaction if it worked efficiently.

and thats exactly what i was thinking, i'll guarantee ya won't be able to return it when you discover how useless it is, but what a great idea for us human beings who still believe in social interaction if it worked efficiently.

My mate recently had to go and do some work in Japan, his first time there. He took a similar device with him (might have been the same one) and said it was brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

My mate recently had to go and do some work in Japan, his first time there. He took a similar device with him (might have been the same one) and said it was brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now thats exactly what i need to hear, i'd love one if its any good.

I think it a great idea. I have Google translate on my phone and it works very well but this new one seems to be the next step in the evolution. Problem with the phone is I have to switch over to it and then try en remember how to use it. This new one pump is talking about is a dedicated system devoted to translating spoken languages.  Not cluttered with all sorts of other gimmicks.  Looks simple enough. I would try it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

These translation apps are great for the mainstream languages, English, French, Spanish and so on. For minor languages with no Latin roots, like Thai, it's a very different situation, as you'll have seen if you've tried to translate Thai to English using Google Translate.

• Like 2

I’ve yet to see a translation device, web based or not, that does a good job with full sentences in Thai.

If it’s for bar girls, they just go with body language and speech patterns anyway. They know when to laugh.

Before Google was invented, man used to travel around the world and still get shagged.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Before Google was invented, man used to travel around the world and still get shagged.

Captain Cook and his crew were welcomed by the Hawaiians, who were fascinated by the Europeans’ ships
and their use of iron. Cook provisioned his ships by trading the metal, and his sailors traded iron nails
for sex.

• Haha 1