Le Pub soi Diamond Pattaya

misteregg

3 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Could not agree more!

For all his efforts, from keeping his girls with some pocket money and food, living upstairs so they had a roof over their head, to his streaming live to allow drinks to be "bought" online, to his looking in on bm's and expats in poor health, to his updating on those who have passed away with funeral arrangements, his flexibility in turning his place into a restaurant, with proper licensing in order to take advantage of the additional business opportunities available that regular bars don't have and remain shuttered......is there ANY business owner who has scrambled and hustled more to stay viable in such a horrendous time economically than Phil, he deserves all the support for his business that those of us who are able to be there, can give to him.

And hopefully at some point, all those of us living in other parts of the world who wish to return one day.

Ditto from me too!

Very nicely put mate.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

It is my understanding that Le Pub is licensed as a restaurant (many bars selling food are not) but restaurants need this additional "approval" to meet the health requirements.

No doubt Phil has this in hand.

Yes, I did read on Facebook that Phil had applied for his licence and expects a positive outcome imminently.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Unlike DD, my bedtime is later so would be happy to meet up with you at Le Pub when you're in Pattaya.

Great news FBWY, it would be good to see you again, look forward to it. Wifey and i intend to be in Le Pub circa 8.30pm ish until closing on Wednesday 15th.  

Edited by Pumpuynarak

21 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great news FBWY, it would be good to see you again, look forward to it. Wifey and i intend to be in Le Pub circa 8.30pm ish until closing on Wednesday 15th.  

That actually might be a bit too late for me. During the lockdown with not much happening in the evening hours I've gotten into the routine of an early turn in at night and up at 4 or 5 am in the morning. Perhaps I'll have adapted to the new normal by the time you get here. :default_biggrin:

As for your question about needing to order food to enjoy a drink, from what I've seen and experienced the last two nights around Pattaya that has not been the case.

From what a friend told me who did a translation of the order allowing restaurants and hotels to serve, there wasn't a mention of ordering food, just that they had to have the Sha certificate and adhere to social distancing rules. Oh, and you can't stay longer than six hours.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

That actually might be a bit too late for me. During the lockdown with not much happening in the evening hours I've gotten into the routine of an early turn in at night and up at 4 or 5 am in the morning. Perhaps I'll have adapted to the new normal by the time you get here. :default_biggrin:

As for your question about needing to order food to enjoy a drink, from what I've seen and experienced the last two nights around Pattaya that has not been the case.

From what a friend told me who did a translation of the order allowing restaurants and hotels to serve, there wasn't a mention of ordering food, just that they had to have the Sha certificate and adhere to social distancing rules. Oh, and you can't stay longer than six hours.

Appreciate what you say. Now the fact that wifey will need to eat a substantial dinner (she's Thai lol) early on in the evening my hands are tied regarding our arrival time in Le Pub.

Do your best my friend but i understand what you say. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Question guys, now to be able to have alcoholic drinks in Le Pub do you have to order food ? I do as a rule comply with the laws/regs of my adopted country 🤣

Hopefully Phil will see this and reply.

Scoth eggs and tripple fried chips all round please waitress

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Appreciate what you say. Now the fact that wifey will need to eat a substantial dinner (she's Thai lol) early on in the evening my hands are tied regarding our arrival time in Le Pub.

Do your best my friend but i understand what you say. 

I understand phils cook does very nice Thai food too!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Question guys, now to be able to have alcoholic drinks in Le Pub do you have to order food ? I do as a rule comply with the laws/regs of my adopted country 🤣

Hopefully Phil will see this and reply.

Cornish pasty with brown sauce, bag of crisps and some spicy balti crap from West Bromwich he'll sort you out mate.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Popped in for the Leeds Brentford game tonight, my understanding at this moment in time is

4 pm till midnight with alcohol sales stopping at 23.00 hrs.........early days in this new phase of

reopening.....watch this space...lol.....

Hope you managed to catch the second half of the West Ham v Blue Mild Stripe  ........ twas a cracker.

To be fair you won the first half me old mate ...... 

• Like 1

Popped into see Khun Phil tonight. He had a day off chasing ...well you can guess...lol....had to walk back to Skaw beach up 2nd rd...no taxis waiting by the now 3 kebab at the junction of Pattaya Tai and 2nd rd ( so much light there now surely can be seen from space).....nothing going on in Walking Street......second night this has happened......I don't mind the walk but lots of dark areas up 2nd rd at night now.....

• Like 3

On 12/6/2021 at 2:23 AM, nampla69 said:

Hope you managed to catch the second half of the West Ham v Blue Mild Stripe  ........ twas a cracker.

To be fair you won the first half me old mate ...... 

I thought it was a brilliant match, a fantastic advert for the EPL, i have'nt enjoyed a match as much as that for as long as i can remember. Great result for the Hammers.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Good to finally catch up with Phil on the phone this morning.

The best news is the Le  Pub has received its full approval and can now sell alcoholic beverages alongside its gastronomic delights.

Well done mate and great to hear you had been too busy to answer the dog & bone! :default_drinks:

That's very good news!

I may throw caution to the wind soon and extend my morning walk to 11am so that I can pop in for a pint and a pie.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That's very good news!

I may throw caution to the wind soon and extend my morning walk to 11am so that I can pop in for a pint and a pie.

I believe he will be serving a pint of the black stuff from tomorrow too if it's your thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks!

I thought that he had been selling coffee for some time now! In all seriousness though, the Irish stuff tastes like water once you have drank a few African Guinness exports.

That Nigerian Guinness is lethal ....proper knee trembler stuff ....

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...