NFL

Stillearly

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

Good game. Great finish. Sorry to see some of the stars go down. 

Over the top amazing stadium. LA is the capital of make believe so it is no surprise. Tinsel Town.

American Football is in the thick of "leveling the playing field" these days so the extracurricular activities are no surprise. Personally I like old hip hop...

Saw this and thought it was a good counterpoint to views expressed in a post above. 

Capture.JPG

As I said....leave the political correctness and social justice bs out of it. What would you expect the LA Times to say about the show...that it was lousy? Of course not. The GAME is the thing and the NFL and broadcast television together, have co-opted THE GAME for all sorts of other things that have nothing to do with the game.

I actually like some rap and hip hop, but the hypocrisy of the NFL, considering the Jon Gruden resignation from leaked emails with his views and how he described certain people, and then having the acts featured at halftime with the lyrics their "songs" contained, then they should have been shown the door. But...we all know that wasn't going to happen.

Of those who performed, Mary J was my favorite. She can actually sing, or lip sync....they all were....and had she done the entire 12 minute show herself would not have been bad thing.

Ok, so next year lets see if the NFL offers the halftime gig to......Metallica!

You know....to "level" the playing field.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

How f—king stupid can someone be? $11M down the drain, and maybe his career

C123B338-1D7D-444D-B4B6-0F8761FE9894.jpeg

No shortage of footballers get caught over here. Fucking crazy. Obviously not about the money, must be just the buzz of the gambling that makes them take the risk to their careers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

No shortage of footballers get caught over here. Fucking crazy. Obviously not about the money, must be just the buzz of the gambling that makes them take the risk to their careers. 

Intelligence not a requirement for the job - and it shows.  If they must bet, then bet on something else - but numpties being numpties ..........

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn…..this once again demonstrates we should never take our health for granted. When this happens to one of the fastest, most durable guys in NFL history at only 54, definitely a shocker. As much as PrimeTime can be a loudmouth, to be an All Star in two pro sports,  you have to be special. Hope he is OK…..

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/33454182/jackson-state-tigers-football-coach-deion-sanders-says-had-two-toes-amputated-medical-setback

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

4 years more for Rodgers and Wilson to the broncos

Lots of action this off season

LA is putting together a contract for Stafford and the Rodgers new contract will help him.

Raiders will look to extend Carr, he's in the last year of his $125 million deal that made him the highest paid in the game for about 3 weeks. He'll probably get in the $40 million range, per year. Saw that Maxx Crosby, their stud defensive end, was lookimg at an extension of over $20 a year. In a couple years, the Chargers qb will join them at $35 a year at least.

Jackson in Baltimore and Murray in Arizona both want $40 plus as well. Good Gawd....in this day and age, what would Montana, Fouts, Staubach, Stabler, Bradshaw, etc.... have made in today's game had they played now?

• Great Info 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Raiders will look to extend Carr, he's in the last year of his $125 million deal that made him the highest paid in the game for about 3 weeks. He'll probably get in the $40 million range, per year. Saw that Maxx Crosby, their stud defensive end, was lookimg at an extension of over $20 a year. In a couple years, the Chargers qb will join them at $35 a year at least.

Jackson in Baltimore and Murray in Arizona both want $40 plus as well. Good Gawd....in this day and age, what would Montana, Fouts, Staubach, Stabler, Bradshaw, etc.... have made in today's game had they played now?

• Haha 2

Brady back ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/60731983

Tom Brady, one of the greatest players in the history of the NFL, is coming back for his 23rd season just a month after announcing his retirement.

The quarterback, 44, said last month he was ending his playing career after winning a record seven Super Bowl wins.

But Brady has now said he has "unfinished business" and will rejoin the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"These past two months I've realised my place is still on the field and not in the stands," he said on social media.

"That time will come. But it's not now. I love my team-mates, and I love my supportive family. They make it all possible. I'm coming back for my 23rd season in Tampa."

• Thumbs Up 1

The reaction to Brady’s return was swift.

USA Today’s Celina Tebor tweeted: “Tom Brady’s retirement was shorter than Kim
Kardashian’s marriage with Kris Humphries lol.”

Actor Jeff Cannata wrote: “Tom Brady realized quickly what spending more time with
your family is really like.”

Aviation writer Paul Thompson said: “What’s with Tom Brady? The guy’s married to a
supermodel and doesn’t want to stay home.”

Las Vegas Review-Journal’s Todd Dewey added: “Bad beat today for person who just
paid $518K for ball from Brady’s ‘final’ TD pass.”

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Recording the NFL draft tonight, trying to advance my NFL knowledge.

Just watched a draft preview, and Lord I don't get the rationale behind these picks🙂

I'm trying to equate it to the Youth Team at a Premier League Soccer club. The tough part here is who gets offered the pro contract, most get released.

So I look at the projected number 1 pick, of Walker. As I understand from the previews, he didn't have a starting position nailed down at Georgia? Now in soccer that's a utiliy player, who fills in at centre back, full back if needed or pops up as a defensive midfielder- very unlikely to get a pro contract. He's basically mediocre in a number of spots.

The other that stuns me is this Stingley guy, all his best football was 3 years ago. That would be throw out too, other players have matured beyond, and he won't cut it as a pro.

Guess I'm missing something with Walker for sure. And Stingley whose making the top 10 in several drafts.

Any views from those on here who understand the game(not pretending I do) ??

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Season only starts next Thursday, but tonight I accidentally turned on a college season opener that’s turned into a cracker. Penn State just took the lead 35-31 vs Purdue with a minute left, not over yet though. But these NCAA games take forever, think the last 10 minutes took an hour, the whole thing nearly FOUR HOURS! They stop the clock for everything 

Anyway, anxious for next week to watch the big boys play