Why Is Diplomatic Immunity Still Allowed?.

galenkia

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I read today on MSN News that the lady in question was NOT entitled to DI according to Dominic Rabb FS, if so WTF was she allowed to leave the UK ? 

She hadn't been arrested and she had told the police she wasn't leaving the UK, she lied.

Don't know if they were in a position to take her passport. Then again would she need a passport to fly out of military aerodrome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

No way the Americans are gonna extradite one of their citizens to the UK ! 

6 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Everybody knows those Yanks won't extradite anybody.

The article actually said that, its evidently government policy. What a disgrace !!! 

Read an interview with his family in The Mail the weekend and described his injuries. Both arms and legs broken, chest crushed, internal organs damaged and internal bleeding. He was still alive when the ambulance got there the poor bugger. 

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, galenkia said:

Read an interview with his family in The Mail the weekend and described his injuries. Both arms and legs broken, chest crushed, internal organs damaged and internal bleeding. He was still alive when the ambulance got there the poor bugger. 

and the family have no closure of any description, how the woman can sleep at night is beyond me. I know it was an accident but it was due to her careless driving, there has to be consequences when somebody dies.

Trump official tried to force Harry Dunn’s parents to hug his alleged killer in sick publicity stunt

The parents of a British teen killed in a car crash involving the wife of a US spy say a Trump official tried to bully them into hugging her.

The grieving parents of a British teen who died in a car crash involving an American
diplomat’s wife say a top White House official tried to bully them into taking part in a
twisted publicity stunt.

Harry Dunn, 19, died on August 27 when his motorcycle collided with a Volvo driven by
Anne Sacoolas outside an air force base in southern England used by the US military.

Ms Sacoolas, the wife of US Government agent Jonathan Sacoolas — who has been
described as a “spy” — was allegedly driving on the wrong side of the road when she struck
Mr Dunn head-on.

Ms Sacoolas initially co-operated with police, assuring them she had no plans to leave
Britain. She was then spirited out of the country on a military jet after the US falsely
claimed she was covered by diplomatic immunity.

On Tuesday, Harry’s devastated parents Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn flew to
Washington after receiving a call from the White House inviting them to meet with a “very
senior government official” whose identity was not revealed.

“The mood was quite buoyant. We were looking forward to it,” family spokesman and
retired lawyer Radd Seiger, who is travelling with the couple, told the Associated Press.

Instead, they were blindsided by US national security adviser Robert O’Brien, who had
secretly brought Ms Sacoolas to the White House in a bizarre plan to unite the two parties
in front of the White House press corps.

The couple’s lawyer Mark Stephens said his clients had no idea their son’s alleged killer
would be in the building when they arrived and were stunned by the proposition.

Mr Stephens said the adviser tried to force a meeting between the grieving parents and Ms
Sacoolas, followed by a photo opportunity where he hoped the trio would embrace for the
cameras.

He said Mr O’Brien had behaved like a “nincompoop”

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

London: Interpol has issued a wanted notice for Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a US diplomat, who is wanted in Britain over a fatal car crash in a case that has caused friction between London and Washington, ITV reported on Monday.

"An Interpol Red Notice has been issued for 42-year-old Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a US intelligence official charged with causing the death of teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn by dangerous driving," ITV reporter Adam Clark said on Twitter.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Wife of US spy who fled UK to face English court over death of Harry Dunn

London: The United States has agreed that the wife of a US spy who used diplomatic immunity to avoid facing charges over the death of British teenager Harry Dunn will face the English justice system.

On Tuesday morning (AEDT) the Crown Prosecution Service announced that Sacoolas would face Westminster Magistrates’ Court on January 18.

https://www.watoday.com.au/world/europe/wife-of-us-spy-who-fled-uk-to-face-english-court-over-death-of-harry-dunn-20211214-p59h9v.html

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mrs Sacoolas has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.  From the information available in the public domain, I am not 100% convinced that her driving amounted to dangerous driving.  There is a lesser charge of causing death by careless driving, which although it carries a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment. can be dealt with summarily at the Magistrates Court.  The lower end of the sentencing for the causing death by careless driving offence according to sentencing guidelines includes community service and of course suspended prison sentence is available up to a period of six months if the matter is dealt with by Magistrates.

Momentary lack of concentration is a phrase often used is cases of this type and there is some evidence to suggest that this happened in this case when the accused set off driving on the wrong side of the road.  Personally I think she has been overcharged, which I put down to media pressure.

Should she plead guilty to this lesser offence and the prosecution agree to this the matter could be dealt with relatively quickly.  There would probably be a public reaction if she is convicted and not sentenced to imprisonment, however it is probably a case where the police, CPS and the accused would like to be resolved.  

Whatever happens there will be some who will not be satisfied.  The media have kept this case running.

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I think it's the parents, that want some sort of closure that have kept this case running , fair play to them imho 

Absolutely, unfortunately I can’t see anything actually happening to her if she is found guilty.

• Like 1

She was driving on the wrong side of the road happens quite a lot near US airbases.

Sad case and no winners whatever the outcome. 

Now that Assange twat I'd lock him up under a mountain prison deep in the bowels of the earth in Utah and melt the keys down for scrap.

• Thumbs Up 1