Cricket

coxyhog

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Thailand play England tomorrow in the Women's T20 World Cup. 

Should start around 10 am Thai time I think. 

Gal,

watch the thai women play W.I. on Saturday,their first twenty-20 WC,

they seem to to want to play every shot to the legside,they lack muscle in their batting.

but game wee buggers got a couple of headhigh full tosses and stood their ground and played the hook ok.

also they want to get on on the front foot a lot.have a go at every ball but lack serious bat power

a lot of ex softball players that a coach seen and got to come over try out for cricket.

think its 8 of them out of the touring 15 are on fulltime contract.

a couple of good looking "toms" in the bunch.

the skipper is a the hard looking lady would not liked to get on her wild side,tough looking lady.

regards

grayray

PS the English ladies should win by a street

• Like 3

I think it's brilliant that a country like Thailand can even get to a T20 finals. Before today, I didn't even know they had a team so I did a bit of reading about them. Quite impressed actually but they will be out of their depth in this current competition. I just hope they enjoy the experience and learn from it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

England 131 for 2 off 16 overs with both openers out for ducks in 3 balls. 

Good start by Thailand. 

couldn't watch the England innings we got hit with a bloody great big electric storm then massive rain fell,shit it was strong as any I've seen in both LOS or PI.

it knocked out the signal for fox tv so I had a wee nanny nap for a few hrs.

don't know the score but expect the poms won easily

regards

grayray

1 hour ago, grayray said:

couldn't watch the England innings we got hit with a bloody great big electric storm then massive rain fell,shit it was strong as any I've seen in both LOS or PI.

it knocked out the signal for fox tv so I had a wee nanny nap for a few hrs.

don't know the score but expect the poms won easily

regards

grayray

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/51640148

ICC Women's T20 World Cup, Group B, Canberra:
England 176-2 (20 overs): Knight 108*, Sciver 59*
Thailand 78-7 (20 overs): Chantam 32, Shrubsole 3-21
England won by 98 runs
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been reading in today's The Times an article where, because of the risk of infection with shining the ball with spit, Ian Chappel and Pat Cummins were advocating the use of ball tampering instead to even things up for the bowlers. 

Get the sandpaper out Steve!. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Did you watch the program Sunday evening BBC2 featuring the cricket and Wimbledon final?. 

Was a great day for sport. 

This came up on my memories today  🙂 

C8522FC0-92A0-4E0A-8B7D-C8244DA8E9BA.jpeg

Think I had the GP and footy on at some stage as well , fantastic day 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

2nd Test takes place at Old Trafford today,  slight stunned looking at the odds this morning- who won the first Test🤔

England 2/5, Draw, 13/2, Windies 4/1

Eh?

Want England to win, but small punt on the Windies at those prices at 4s.  As an aside the Windies  landed in the UK June 9th, staying in Manchester, and training and playing 2 practice games at er, Old Trafford. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

2nd Test takes place at Old Trafford today,  slight stunned looking at the odds this morning- who won the first Test🤔

England 2/5, Draw, 13/2, Windies 4/1

Eh?

Want England to win, but small punt on the Windies at those prices at 4s.  As an aside the Windies  landed in the UK June 9th, staying in Manchester, and training and playing 2 practice games at er, Old Trafford. 

Great odds, surprisingly high. 

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Great odds, surprisingly high. 

Yes they have shortened slightly now with England drifting and the prices on the Windies and the draw shortening

England 1/2, Draw 11/2, West Indies 7/2

This will obviously in part reflect Archer being out- huge loss. Even though it's raining now, think a draw highly unlikely, with the way overs are made up nowadays and how the Windies play. Not sure if floodlights are used in this series but it won't be a draw.